theft!!

islander55

hey there i had some really bad theft going on last night about 3:30 in the morning with my boat once agin, someon asshole stolen my mercury 25hp efi out board motor. just after i had my 3.5hp mercury stolen last spring. man im having some bad luck, the 25hp was bolted right through my transom too , but they left my gas tank hose ,gas tank, and riped out the charging kit wire for me to have., just letting you guys know to watch your motors in your yards etc. and if anyone see's any adds for a 2010 mercury 25hp efi anywhere to please let me know asap. my cell number is 250 802 5424 . man this really makes me up set. so if anyone needs a fishing partner i all in with that. thanks for your time
this is a picture of the motor that they stolematts pictures 012.jpgmatts pictures 005.jpg

Thats terrible! I have been stolen from too and it sucks. We work hard for this stuff and people are such douche bags that think they can just take it. I'll pm you after the long weekend and we can do an evening fish.

I hate douchbags.......I often fantasized about catching the douchbag that stole my yammi 9.9ht in the act.
Makes me smile thinking of mutilated hands to the point he cant feed himself:)

Hey Islander that is awful but I would suggest asking people to pm you instead of posting your phone number online. Also, did they cut the bolts or just thread the nuts off?

That's terrible news I55.Hope house insurance covers it for ya.I feel sorry for you.You seem like a good kid who just
wants to have some good clean fun fishing,and some frickn' ahole does this to you.I hope it works out for you in the end.

theres nothing more in life I hate more then thieves. as big green said I would take your # off cause anybody can read these forums. hope you catch the pricks!

Send the VIN to as many pawn shops and marine shops that you can. If they made a mess of the motor charging circuit and try to get it fixed at a shop, the VIN may get noticed as stolen. If it hits a pawn shop, they won't take it unless the shop is really crooked.

It may be US bound already, so some shops in Washington should get contacted as well. Usually these rings wait until they have a number of motors before taking them across the border.

Drewski

Hey Islander that is awful but I would suggest asking people to pm you instead of posting your phone number online. Also, did they cut the bolts or just thread the nuts off?

Yes they took the bolts right out, and when I get my new 25 I'm getting those bolts that Parker marine have , where you have to have a certain tool to take them off, also they left all there tools in my alley so I'm getting them finger printed, I hope karma gets them really good, it just makes me sad that all my boating stuff keeps getting stolen , I'm just trying to have fun

My buddy also in Ladysmith had his 6 hp stolen off his boat last Friday when he was at work. Police have been notified so if anyone hears of one for sale I have the s #, guess I should ask him what make. I believe that house insurance will cover it just being violated like that sucks.

even if house ins. kicks in, the poor guys have a deductible to pay..too many lowlifes running around with not much consequences when caught!

Send the VIN to as many pawn shops and marine shops that you can. If they made a mess of the motor charging circuit and try to get it fixed at a shop, the VIN may get noticed as stolen. If it hits a pawn shop, they won't take it unless the shop is really crooked.

It may be US bound already, so some shops in Washington should get contacted as well. Usually these rings wait until they have a number of motors before taking them across the border.

Drewski

Contact Mercury Marine US and see if they can flag your serial number in there system North America wide; that way if someone does try and get parts for it; it will be in Merc's system as stolen. Being that it is a newer EFI; almost every time they want a part a dealer will ask for the serial number for the year and model range to check on parts. I would go to your local merc dealer if you aren't comfortable doing it and have them try for you; they should be able to attach something to the serial number in there system to flag your motor.

Any of you guys on here know anybody in the north Jingle Pot area of Nanaimo may want to warn your friends there is a 50+ yr old thief working the area; has hit 6 houses on my road alone; breaks in the back door or window and ransacks the house looking for money and electronics; hit a cops house the other day so there are police drive byes every few hours; but warn anybody you know; the guy walks the neighbourhood before breaking into houses and does it during the day while you are working. Has been seen several times and the cops have a description but he tends to use the green belts to get around from house to house.

Sucks for Ya I55 and I hope they get the prick!

Yes they took the bolts right out, and when I get my new 25 I'm getting those bolts that Parker marine have , where you have to have a certain tool to take them off, also they left all there tools in my alley so I'm getting them finger printed, I hope karma gets them really good, it just makes me sad that all my boating stuff keeps getting stolen , I'm just trying to have fun

Sorry about the double hit you took, I55

Those bolts you're talking about are called "McGuard" ---I had them on a Yammy 9.9 I owned a few years ago and now have them on my Honda 9.9. They work!

I was storing in a public yard a few years ago and the fooking thieves cut through the fence and tried to make a run on my Yamaha. They found the McGuards and went on to the next boat and took his kicker instead of mine

Just to spite me, they cut my fuel line and ripped the kill-switch wire out but they couldn't get the kicker

After I saw how effective one McGaurd bolt was, I installed four of them on my Honda. Word of caution, though----DON'T lose the magic socket for that bolt or you'll be faced with the same problem the thieves have.

The comment above about the fookers bringing stolen Canadian motors across the border to the US---I highly doubt it. Why run the risk of bringing stolen goods across a border to sell into a market that returns approx. 25% LESS on any given outboard motor?

The local Canadian market would pay more even with the currency imbalance.

I'd focus locally (but keep an eye on B'ham/Seattle outboard motor listings on Craigslist just to prove me wrong)

when I get my new 25 I'm getting those bolts that Parker marine have , where you have to have a certain tool to take them off

Save your money...... Weld the bolts or destroy the threads. Buy a stainless wire cable to lock your motor down. Then install a blackout trail camera that has no flash.

Or at least a pile of cans connected to fishing line stung around your boat. They won't see the line but you'll hear them for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't it be cool to harpoon or gaff one of them SOB in the thigh mussel, then haul em in and club the cracker ! Sorry for your grief, never fun dealing with the bs of insurance even if ya do have it.

Good luck finding it

Unless the thieving druggie asshats are prepared to cut your transom apart, these also work, but they are expensive - About $90.00. If someone REALLY wants your motor and has the access and time to get at your motor while undetected, they will get it. The only thing you can try to do is make it as difficult as possible for them. If its not easy they will simply go to the next potential victim.

http://www.sailorssolutions.com/index.asp?page=ProductDetails&Item=lock01

lock01_1[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back