The Road to Fair Harbour

Playoffgoalie

Has anyone towed a boat on the road from Woss to Fair Harbour? What shape is it in? Any information on this would be appreciated!

Paul

Has anyone towed a boat on the road from Woss to Fair Harbour? What shape is it in? Any information on this would be appreciated!

Paul
I’ve pulled a boat in there 3 times, it’s about 85km it’s not bad until you get past Zaballos and the last 35km and usually the roughest.Takes me about 3 hrs pulling a 7000# 24’ boat. All I can say it’s a serious commitment, go slooow and bring at least one spare , I’ve only lost one tire on that trip but I can’t count how people get flats on that road….make sure your trailer is 100% ready. Also if it’s dry the dust can be insane and gets everywhere you will find it for months ! check the tides depending on the size of your boat you will need a decent amount of water to retrieve a boat. I have a larger boat now at close to 9000# and I doubt I will ever pull it in there . Fishing can be worth the effort though

Did it once with a 24' Eaglecraft, had to replace over half my rollers.
Never again.
Gold River or Port Alice, diesel is a much easier cost.

thanks guys. Yeh I think I am going to not take this road as per your advice, have a Grady White 282 with a triple axel trailer. appreciate your thoughts here guys!

Back