The hot tub and the ugly stick

morganic

I was telling a member about an incident that happened and he said i should post it. I've had a few drinks so here goes.
A couple months back a forum member @hippaisland posted that his sister In law has a few inflatable hot tubs for sale. Having a water access only place i figured this would be a good opportunity to get something lightweight and inflatable that i could get to my place. I picked it up and not heading to bamfield for a few weeks and not allot of room at my place to store figured i would take over to my folks to store. It was in the back of my ride and was planning to drop off in morning. Well i woke up at 530 am to noise outside. I look out my window to the street and i notice a couple items outside my car. As I'm trying to figure out whats there i see a guy creeping along side my ride. I freak out. I put on some shorts race downstairs and out the back door grabbing an axe handle that was by the back door and i run out front. I can't see the guy but notice my car has been pilfered and the hot tub is gone. I run in the house grab the wife's keys and drive around a few blocks and thru the alleys looking for this guy. I don't find him but as I'm at the top of my block i see a car Pull up at the other end of the block. It's there for a bit and seemed suspect so i race down there. As i drive up i see its a cab so i park infront of it and fly out my car leaving axe handle inside it. I run up to cab and the drivers startled and tells me he has a fair. I look thru the window and i see my hot tub in the back. I'm freaking. I open back door and the first thing i see is a 9ft ugly stick rod i had purchased earlier in the week that was also in my car. It was a 2 piece taped together. I grab the butt end and look across the seat and there's this guy just staring at me all glassy eyed. With rod in hand my first instinct is to just smack him across the face with it a couple times. The cabbie is screaming not in my cab so i throw rod down and run to back passenger side door open it up and try to drag this guy out throwing some over hand punches as he scurries out. Once he's outside the cab i see he's about 6 4" with a solid build and i think maybe I'm gonna get my butt kicked or have a good throw down. I was screaming and raising hell and he was just concerned with getting his backpack and getting out of there. He ran off down the block. I look in the cab and my hot tub a mustang jacket and a waterproof jacket were in the back. The cabbie doesn't know what's going on so i grab all my stuff and he ***** off. Anyway saved my stuff and will finally get it to bamfield next week and have a half decent hot tub story before its even been set up. Tight lines. Mo

Good story! Glad you got your stuff back. Doesn't usually work out that way.

I accidentally forgot to take my knives and steel up from the fish cleaning station at Seabeam and when I finally clued in to my brain fart somebody had borrowed one of my knives. I sure it will be returned when there done.

Back