The 2014 Bamfield Tuna Shootout!

Just a note to all the tuna boat captains..if you could please fill out the Recreational Albacore tuna logbooks for your days on the water & fax them in...if u have any questions please feel free to ask myself or Kelly?

Last edited by a moderator:
After the sat. wrap up event ..we did some cleaning up and had to transport a couple items to the dump...:)

Attachments

• 20140921_100719.jpg
    20140921_100719.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 1,099
Derby, PRICELESS...:)

transport-boats.jpg

Attachments

• 6578207_f520.jpg
    6578207_f520.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,059
haa haa...there was total of 3 of us in the boat when we went across the harbour..I believe about 5 different people took pics as we crossed...:)

Hey guys i'm still picking away at this recap writeup. It would be great if everyone could send me their pics via email so we have them all in one place. Credits will be posted below each shot.

Ps Sculpin are the ones you posted ok to use?

Hey guys i'm still picking away at this recap writeup. It would be great if everyone could send me their pics via email so we have them all in one place. Credits will be posted below each shot.

Ps Sculpin are the ones you posted ok to use?

Fill your boots :cool:. Can't wait to see your recap :).

The good the bad and the ugly, a collection of hundreds of photos and videos from my crew. I had a couple of talented photographers on board with good cameras and at times I felt like I was running a crew from national geographic. The results are amazing (the crap photos are the ones I took). Not all the photos are tuna photos but all taken from the derby weekend.

https://tridyneprojectscorporation.app.box.com/s/rnmvdqhnkqjm43ab0ona

enjoy

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome shots! Are these johns? Any chance you could fire me the camera mans email? I'll ask if he will let me use them in the recap with credit.

No way you looked at all those photos yet.... lol.

Go ahead and use the photos. The photographers were: Chris Wright, Craig Gallant, Michael Hand and John Taylor. If you specify which photos, I can figure out who was responsible.

Just a note to all the tuna boat captains..if you could please fill out the Recreational Albacore tuna logbooks for your days on the water & fax them in...if u have any questions please feel free to ask myself or Kelly?

hey guys if you haven't done it yet..please do?,, :)

Derby, where do I find those?

Your captains bucket had a paper version. If you like I can email the electronic version.

These logs will help us in the long run guys. Tuna is internationally governed so if they ever decide to quota the fishery, it is hugely beneficial for us to have a record of an established sports fishery.

If any of u guys have any questions..Please feel free to PM and I'll answer them the best I can or get the answer for u..as Kelly said its really important that we track this for the future.... :)

Hey Kelly, Can you post the electronic copy? If not, please email me one as well.

Thanks,

Almost done the recap write up. Still looking for a few pics to tie things together. Feel free to email me any good shots and I'll share (with credit to you) them in the story. Specifically looking for pics of coho and the Fin Whales that were with us the first few days.

Back