The 1st Annual Juan De Fuca Halibut Derby. MARCH 12 &13 2011

Im in as well 2 of my fav.fishing buddies that some of you know lets pray for no winds....... and halibuts!!!!!
Good luck to all that go in and hey lets all donate to the cause ill put it out there im trowing in some cash to the SPORT FISHING COALITION......

GOOD LUCK WOLF

I think there should be a remote weigh In spot closer to town for those fishing off the waterfront etc. Makes for quite the drive to weigh in. Just a suggestion especially with sun, doesn't give much time to fish

I think it is quite generous of a Sooke run festival to allow fishing off Victoria. Another weigh in means more volunteers...trust me easier said than done. Everyone wants to fish not sit and wait for someone to show up to weigh a fish. 2 scales also equals a sure squabble over accuracy, if 2 fish are caught within an ounce of each other and weighed on different scales.

Do you ever hear the sooke or renfrew guys complaining they have to drive to outfitters to put one on the scale.It's a sooke run derby they were nice enough to open it up to the vic guys.

Tickets are selling fast..and the weather looks good. Gets yours NOW!
It's all for a good cause and remember to have a fun safe day!
Saturday..Cloudy / Light Rain - WINDS are SW @ 2 to 4 knots
Sunday..Cloudy / Light Rain - WINDS are S @ 5 to 6 knots

If anyone has a silent auction item they would like to donate please fire me an email with a description of your donation. All proceeds from the auction are going to the Charters River Salmon Interpretive Centre and the Southern Vancouver Island Anglers Coalition. Looking for some variety so there is something for everyone to bid on. thanks for any help.

I bought my four tickets yesterday... didn't get any stickers to throw on the boat? just the tickets

Great fish Haly Hunter , now thats the way to start the season off.

It was fugly out there this morn my guests did great just hanging in there for the first couple hours. We got halibut no 168lbr but a great day all the same.

Had the boat hooked up to the truck, gear, bait, tackle, and everything packed, took the day off school to go.Paid 750$ for insurance in the morning for the boat, had a few mins to waste before leaving, fire up the engines, engine #2 starter fails. :mad::mad::mad::mad:
ill be out for the may one i guess

Back