That Alaskan Grizzly Bear Cam is Back Up

It's a strange run that's for sure unless there's a helluva lotta Pinks mixed in the size of the Sockeye really varies-I'm sure early on there was a pulse of Coho because there were just too many 'fatties' to be Sockeye.

Lots of small male sockeye this year. Bristol Bay is even year pinks and they also show up later as far as I know.

Just spent three weeks on the Alagnak in temps up to 32C. Worst / latest start to the season ever. Bears were looking skinny and probably desperate. Should change now that I am back to Victoria to cool off from Alaska :)

Wow that is fun to watch. So many fish jumping up the falls constantly today. Watched one bear at the top of the falls catch fish after fish in the matter of a few minutes. It was only eating the bellies and then onto the next one

Bump. One of the bears at the top of the falls was eating the skin, then a couple of bites off the top of the head (brain?) then dropping the rest. one after the other. There are more sows with cubs below the falls to grab the skinned fish. I've been watching too much.

This is summers' version of the Christmas fireplace burning log channel. I really want the job as the fire tender on that channel one year. Have some ideas....

Back