test

I did it

I figured out how to post a pic, AND more than that I figured out why I don't catch fish in Renfrew, first time there was a LONG day, didn't get to fish but crabbing was great

That's a pretty big drift boat (joke):p:). Did you make it out ok? That brings back some memories of when I was a kid with my dad in Pirates Cove. We anchored over a big ledge and were high and dry by morning:eek:.

Looks like you have been left high and dry! You need that drive that they have on the inflatables.

It was first time there, we followed other boats out but where smaller than mine. I wasn't to sure about the river so went out on the kicker and you aren't going very fast, when we started to scrap bottom I cut the engine and so we sat there for 6 hr. No harm do to us or boat just pride lol. Funny thing though, we have fished Renfrew for 13 day's over the last 3 years and nada, no problem catching fish on ECVI just can't figure out the WCVI but aint gunna stop trying, oh 2 season's ago did great on the sox but still no springs

Have a great evening
Tony

if you take the url of the pic and add
to the end, it will come up on the page without having to click on it. so it would look like this.

http://www.sportfishingbc.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2807&d=1326066716[/img}

just take that last one and turn it into a ] instead of a }

Thank's Dude, will try that next time but can't say it will work, not real good on all this computer stuff

Cheers

LOL......Too bad about the fishing weasonedog. But you definitely aren't the first person to spend the day stuck in that river OR the last! Great picture and see ya out there in the summer!

You said you figured out why you can;t catch fish in Renfrew? So what was the reason? Or was the reason the fact you couldn't move for 6 hours? =)

And all I needed was another 50 yards and I would of been in deeper water, Burnsy, this was the reason I can't catch fish, just gunna keep trying, maybe get the courage to go to swiftsure too.

been there, done that ! Took the corner in the river a little wide heading out and grounded, it was just a 17.5 campion so i was able to get out and push it back in deeper water and continued out.

I have navigated the San Juan myself a few times. I am always amazed at how little water you can run some boats in. It can't take much to do what you did. I don't find that journey a pleasant one in particular when you run into people coming in the opposite direction. Don't know how people deal with it all the time. Renfrew needs some improved facilities. Running up and down that river is no joy.

Don't feel to bad!

My only saving grace was I wasn't the one driving, or one of the other "two" (thought I was safe) left watching him. I went down below to make some coffee (last time I'll do that) and when I went back out - this is what I saw. Picture was taken right after the boat settled in and came to a stop. It happened to rright before tide change, so I didn't have to wait long. One guy actually said he wanted to walk to the beach? I told them not to get off the boat, enjoy the wait, and I just went back down below and started watching a movie. Perfect timing, the movie ended and the boat came to float about the same time. :)

Wrong side of the buoy!.jpg

Back