TC Simplified Assessment of Intact Stability test

codfather

Crew Member
I am in the process of changing my 6K numbers to a C number thru Transport Canada. It has been a fairly painful process as there are multiple forms to fill out. It is a two-step program where the first part is the forms that go to Ottawa ie: application for registry, form 3, 20, 4a, bill of sale and a trip to the Notary Public.

They go thru these forms and if you’ve done everything right they send a blue tag and you apply for inspection. Once thru that and pass you get the yellow tag.

I’m in the process of doing the stability assessment and am looking for some HELP!!! Has anyone done this test or done the simplified assessment on a Sea Sport 24 XL? I called Sea Sport and they have not done this and could not provide the info. I’d be more than happy to provide the beer for anyone who has done this and can help me with this.

Transport Canada Simplified Assessment of Intact Stability & Buoyancy of Small Non-Pleasure Vessels: Assessment Guide - TP 14619 E

Record of Stability Assessment
http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/tp-tp14619-part2-275.htm

Thanks in advance, Mike

Cheers Mike,

Where are you located? I also need to know the build year of your vessel as that determines if you are even able to use the simplified version or must use the ISO Standard.

The actual measurements and evaluations are fairly straight forward and much, much easier than the ISO Standard which provides higher relief.

Fishing Guide
www.invictuscharters.com
BC Outdoors Pro Staff
www.fishingvancouverisland.org

Hi Mike I will do my test next weekend. But I am in Nanaimo. If you are in the area let me know and perhaps we can do it together. Send me a PM if it works.

Hi Fishing Guide and quicksilver11, I sent a PM.

I am in Nanaimo with my boat. It's a 1998 Sea Sport 2400 XL.

quicksilver11 are you doing your water test next week?

Hi Fishing Guide and quicksilver11, I sent a PM.

I am in Nanaimo with my boat. It's a 1998 Sea Sport 2400 XL.

quicksilver11 are you doing your water test next week?

Back