Suzuki Report

rmj002

I know a few guys repowered with the Suzuki's this year just wondering how they were making out. I kept the boat at home this year will repower this winter. Will be watching for the sales or end of the year deals. I know they ended the 6 year warranty speacial but the local dealers said they may bring that back. Any feed back is welcome.

Will post old motors when I pull them off.

MJ

A friend of mine had to send their Suzuki high thrust kicker back to the factory due to bad vibration problems.

S&G power has a sale on now, 60hp Suzuki is $5999.00 weight 357 lbs
On the other hand a Honda 50hp was $6499 and weighed only 204 lbs.
I was shocked at the fact the 60 hp Zuke weighed an additional
150 lbs.
The counterman said there were very few problems with them, and the
fact that guides were now using them was a testament to the product.
The warranty period shown was 3 years.

fearnofishy-1-1.jpg

Hi MJ - You didn't mention how big your boat was or what size Suzuki you were looking at. I have a 26' Osprey with a Suzuki 300HP and a 8hp high thrust Yamaha kicker. I love the 300, only problem I have with it is it is so quiet, I have to look to make sure it is on. Always starts instantly, even after sitting thru the winter. I has awesome power and quick throttle response. Boat show season isn't that far away, an you can usually pick one up at a good discount.
Good luck with your search.

peeon_work_goinfishin-1.jpg

I Plan on mounting a 115 with a 9.9 kicker on my 18ft trophy. I am concerned about the weight. I all 2 stroke power now.

I dealer i spoke to mentioned he thought the 6 yr warranty may come back as a booking incentive.

Mj

Purchased 225 Suzuki May 2005, Aug 2008 three months after warranty expired engine block was found to be porous, like your skin when you perspire mechanic and I watched as water would appear on top of powerhead as soon as it was blown off with air hose. Sent e-mail to suzuki advising them of latent manufacture defect, impossible to notice until it was to late as corrosion started from inside water jacket. Suzuki answer.............tough s... Would strongly suggest if you still have warranty on your big block suzuki better get it checked out.

rmj I bought a 150 yamaha for my 18 trophy last year so I don't think the weigh of a 115 will be that much of a deal

Whatever you do don't get the 9.9 kicker from suzuki. Or just make sure you're happy with it's performance on your boat before you pay for it. It's louder and vibrates as bad, well almost as bad as a canadian tire lawnmower. There's a thread around here discussing just that.
Go with a yamaha T8
cheers

gonefishingsign.gif

I have had seveal Yamaha's, been happy with all of them. I bought a Boston Whaler (2003), because Yamaha built the engines for Merc!

Back