New outboard motor sale

G

gone fishin

if you are looking to repower with a used motor now is a good time to buy new!
I have no interest in Alberni Marine, but have bought several motors from them in the past. A first class organization in my opinion
They will ship to out of town buyers at a very reasonable cost.
You can check out their fall sale on this link

if you are looking to repower with a used motor now is a good time to buy new!
I have no interest in Alberni Marine, but have bought several motors from them in the past. A first class organization in my opinion
They will ship to out of town buyers at a very reasonable cost.
You can check out their fall sale on this link
Nice to almost see prices coming down but with controls, gauges, install and JT/PP share it gets crazy to repower. I wouldn’t be surprised if the sale prices were the same as pre-covid regular prices.

Tesla and Ford are lowering prices, partly due to the cost of batteries but Tesla is working hard to get manufacturing costs down.

Had to look it up a Honda civic with 150hp in 2018 you would be able to get a full car for the price of an on sale 150hp outboard today. https://www.autotrader.ca/research/honda/civic sedan/2018/

Nice to almost see prices coming down but with controls, gauges, install and JT/PP share it gets crazy to repower. I wouldn’t be surprised if the sale prices were the same as pre-covid regular prices.

Tesla and Ford are lowering prices, partly due to the cost of batteries but Tesla is working hard to get manufacturing costs down.

Had to look it up a Honda civic with 150hp in 2018 you would be able to get a full car for the price of an on sale 150hp outboard today. https://www.autotrader.ca/research/honda/civic sedan/2018/
They are more than pre-Covid. My 200 is over 5k more and presale was over 10k more at RPM. RPM is bc leader in mercury sales still I beleive. Best prices

Yeah, there's more to be pulled off those motors. Subtract another 5-10% on a recent quotes. I believe Merc controls the lowest posted prices they are allowed to advertise. We're back to a market where you can do better.

Tesla's volume growth since 2019 has paid down the R&D cost of getting models 3 and Y onto the road, and their innovative manufacturing concepts have pushed build costs lower still. They had very profitable years in 2021 and 2022 because they had product available when almost all other auto brands were stricken by supply chain issues. That allowed them to go on the attack this year with a series of price cuts to put the screws to their legacy maker rivals like Ford, GM and Volkswagen. Those three are all losing money on EV while Tesla is still profitable.

I think Ford got cocky on their pricing because early adopters placed zillions of orders in 2021 and 2022, but those people mostly have their EVs now, and the rest of the market is more tentative about EV. A year ago, they jacked up Lightning price by $10K on most models, only to have to almost completely reverse those increases this past summer. We've already fallen into the usual new buyer games with 2023 units sitting on lots while prospective buyers wondering whether to wait for 2024 or negotiate a price cut on a 2023. Of course this is happening again in the wider vehicle market too, inflation and interest rates have put some downward pressure on demand for the first time since pre-pandemic days.

Ford and the big automakers are in interesting positions after pushing their prices up and basically doing away with affordable cars and trucks. Just priced out my XLT F350 $94,995 CAD and a Lighting XLT w a tow package at $71,500. Yeah between the cost of feeding the family and everything else, I'm not buying a lightning or new Super Duty any time soon. With 50% of households facing either variable rate mortgages or higher rents, I can't see many repowering their boats or following through with an order for a lightening. Ford didn't even bother to add him to the list when he asked them to pre-order a lightening and he is a carpenter with 4 kids who put 40-50k a year on his truck. Fords website didn't even try to capture my information when pricing out the trucks and was a poor user experience for the size of company.... I digress.

Nice to see a VI company so aggressive on reposer pricing

Back