SUV Tires

eaglemaniac

Hey Folks, Happy 2021! Was hoping someone would suggest a new set of all season tires for my SUV. Haven't bought new tires of late. Something all season would work. Any ideas? Thanks.;) eman

Just before Christmas I put BFGoodrich Advantage TA's on my SUV and thus far no complaints. They are 'all-season' and have the snowflake rating on them.

I called around looking for all-season's from a number of the regular tire stores as mine are 20" (255/70/R20) and not the easiest to find. I ended up getting the best price from Costco and they do free rotations after each 10,000 kms.

I had a set of Goodyear Assurance's on my previous SUV. They replaced the OEM Kumho Solus. Much better in rain, but were slightly noisier. Overall I found them to be decent, and they seem to go on sale often.

I just put on Revelo Ridge track At's on my truck. Seem like a decent tire so far. I always buy BF but wanted to try something different.

Need lots more info to give any good advice
What do you want the tires to do for you? Grocery getter? High mileage? Wet performance? Hi performance? Cheap/ inexpensive? Driving style makes a big difference too. On or off-road or all terrain? Load (passenger vs light truck). and speed rating
You get what you pay for....

If your size is 265/70/17 you are in luck. Always some new sets on Craigslist for reasonable price. Many new Tacoma owners like more aggressive tread tires and change them as soon as truck is bought.

If your size is 265/70/17 you are in luck. Always some new sets on Craigslist for reasonable price. Many new Tacoma owners like more aggressive tread tires and change them as soon as truck is bought.
I love this. OEM tires are easy and cheap to buy used because people want the big aggressive rubber. That's exactly the size my Silverado uses and I typically pay 200-250 for a set of four with 50-70% tread remaining.

I love this. OEM tires are easy and cheap to buy used because people want the big aggressive rubber. That's exactly the size my Silverado uses and I typically pay 200-250 for a set of four with 50-70% tread remaining.
I’ve found over the years that I’ve gotten a few new SUV’s ( Jimmy and explorer) that the tires they come with are the cheapest they can legally put on there.

Certainly the makers have price as a major consideration. I found I liked the stock tires on the Silverado, Goodyear Wrangler SR/A which are M+S pattern but no mountain/snowflake logo. They're quiet and smooth on pavement, which I'm sure is the other factor the truck and car manufacturers insist on so their vehicles show well in test drives at the dealerships.

Everyone has their own needs for tires. My truck goes up the very steep twisty Apex road every weekend. There's typically a 10 degree temp change between the village and the valley bottom and those tires haven't struggled with the changing conditions yet. 165,000 km on the truck now and I haven't spent $800 on tires yet in that lifetime.

Toyo M55's. Past the all-season you mentioned e-man, but blast rock won't make you pucker up anymore. I have had two flats in five miles on fresh road with all seasons. Depends on your usage, for sure.

How about them Hawks?

Back