Sunbrella Cover Windows caked with pollen.

firemann911

Just going to throw it out there as I have been unable to find anything online to answer my question. I have a Sunbrella cover on my boat which has two clear vinyl windows in the front and along the sides. The windows have a sticky yellowish substance which I assume is pollen baked into the vinyl. I have tried a few different methods to try and remove it with no luck. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how to remove or what "product" might take this off without wrecking the material.... Cheers!

I'm not too sure on how it will work with the "sticky" substance on the vinyl but PlastX. One of my favourite products, by far, on vinyl.It will clear up any scratches and clouding on the material.

Oddly enough, I asked the same basic question today on the Bayliner Owner's Club. After you clean the plastic well, you can take a very light polishing compound to it and literally buff out any haze and scratches. After done, you want to add a UV protector back to it again so it doesn't haze again. Here is the video on how it's done.

[video]https://youtu.be/dC848-F_IWY

You might try tooth paste. I used it to take the haze off the headlight covers on my Hyundai Sante Fe. Cheap and it works. Toms natural paste seems to have the most abrasiveness. Sort of like 600 grit wet sandpaper.

Back