Sturgeon

Good to hear!
What part of the river were you fishing??
We went out on Friday (was a little windy and rainy....:D) and had a blast!

drove 900 km and fished Langley on friday for 8hrs caught 1 at about 30 in.fished chilliwack sat.for eight hrs.caught 2 about 32in.and one about 54 in.and nearlly froze both days .oh well thats fishing next time.

Here are a few pics from the trip

sturgeon055.jpg

quote:Originally posted by fickell

drove 900 km and fished Langley on friday for 8hrs caught 1 at about 30 in.fished chilliwack sat.for eight hrs.caught 2 about 32in.and one about 54 in.and nearlly froze both days .oh well thats fishing next time.

next time you are coming that distance send us a message and maybe we can get you into more fish!!

Mike

and I forgot to mention we paid a guide for the two days also

PS.Thanks for the offer and we might just do that and thanks again

PS.Thanks for the offer and we might just do that and thanks again

Ouch!!
We were out on the Friday and had 9 to the boat! Biggest was 8'1" and had three in the 5-6.5' range..... I have to admit that I have been real lucky in finding these last couple of months!

Mike

I have been very lucky this year..... Also I find the fish are the healthiest i have seen them for spring time!!! The are fat, healthy and full of power!!!

Heading out Saturday again to see what we can find..... the fish are definately on the move now and the big numbers per area are thinning out....

Mike

hey if any one knows of a couple fair sturgeon rods and reels i am interested they wont get used very much or ay good combo ideas THANKS

hey if any one knows of a couple fair sturgeon rods and reels i am interested they wont get used very much or ay good combo ideas THANKS

Where you located fickell and what sort of bucks you looking to spend?

Mike

Edson AB. and looking for a deal of course not sure as to how often they will get used so I dont really want to tie up to much cash thanks for your info Mike

Well since the last report(s) we have been out every Saturday with fairly good success!!

Had a couple of guys drive over from Calgary on Friday for two days of dino hunting.... one was a virgin, the other popped his cherry last spring....

I was only able to take them out for one day so my buddy pulled his boat out for sundays fishing......

Saturday was a nice day to fish, little sun, lots of clouds and a few showers! Fish co-operated and the day ended with 22 to the boat..... the boys went from rookies to seasoned hunters as they missed 15-20 fish/bites before they dialled in and figured out the hook set! No huge fish, but at were 2'+ up to 6'.....

Lots of laughs, lots of bites, lots of fish!!! My lucky streak is still running.....:D

Mike

wow keep up with the play by play enjoy hearing about it we are going to try to get out again this spring on our own this time we have our own 21 foot jet boat so a boat is not a problem and we paid for a little know how the last time . Thanks leaseman

would a set up like a penn 330 and a 7 foot big water ugly stick work well enough for the odd trip dino hunting ??????

would a set up like a penn 330 and a 7 foot big water ugly stick work well enough for the odd trip dino hunting ??????

The 330 is a great reel..... the rod (IMHO) might be a good shore rod since you need some big back bone to toss the weights, but boat fishing you want something with great back bone and a very fast action, sensative tip....

I use the Shimano Technium 8' rods..... very sensitive tip and plenty of back bone for any size fish.... very well priced!

Back