Sturgeon trip report.

Olde School

Hello, everyone.

Can't believe that I am posting in the FW section as we are from VI lol.

Anyhow, my son watches fishing shows in the morning on weekends as opposed to cartoons or gaming like most boys his age (14).
One of his big dreams has been to catch a sturgeon on the Fraser. His marks have really improved lately so he needs a reward for that, right?
We had the chance to make his dream come true on Sunday.

Our trip with Prestige Charters was very enjoyable. The guide, Rod, was very courteous and professional.
Very impressive to me, as a dad, was the courtesy shown to my son by the 2 other guests on board. J* and A* were awesome - they insisted that the young guy get the first fish - very considerate! Their kindness was rewarded perfectly when their fish was the biggest of the day. Karma ;-)

This was a trip and company that I would recommend to anyone interested.

Best wishes for the rest of the season to you all!

Smiley.

Great report, sounds like fun was had by all. The river has been very high as of late with no shortage of trees and debris floating down. I was on the river a few days earlier and watched an old steel mill shack float by and have its hydro poles leveled by the train bridge. Dangerous water out there and very difficult fishing. Great to hear you guys had some action.

March and April and July to November are typically reliable months for the river and great sturgeon fishing, with bigger fish in the later months. For your next trip, I would avoid May and June due to the volume of water coming down river and plan around those two months for best results.

Back