Stucco Wire

otter

Read and heard about stucco wire to control your teaser head spin.
Havent tried it my self but thinking maybe this is the hot method used by those who catch 80 per cent of those salmon????
Anxious to read replies relating to the method.

yup heard of it, and used it off and on - its been around for a longtime.

I don't think it really improves the action much but it does keep a nice roll longer as it helps soggy bait keep its shape longer.

I use stainless steel wire that you can buy at hardware stores. I think that it makes a huge difference in getting the perfect roll. Hook placement obviously is the other major contributing factor in the roll.

FishWish

quote:Originally posted by otter

Read and heard about stucco wire to control your teaser head spin.
Havent tried it my self but thinking maybe this is the hot method used by those who catch 80 per cent of those salmon????
Anxious to read replies relating to the method.

I use that all the time.

It doesn't have to be wire. However if you're getting bites in a fast and furious manner--to heck with the wire, hook 'em, and throw 'em down, and it's usually fish on! On the other hand, if it's a while between bites and you're in clean water, using wire can take your "check your gear" intervals from 15 minutes to a half hour or more.

I checked that theory once, and one day I figured out that I may have not caught the 2 I did because I probably would have been checking the bait! That was a slow day---2 bites, 2 fish.

Back