Strange Things you see at the Beach

Beauty day yesterday, decided to go for a walk at one of our local beaches. I arrived to see...well best to just check out the pics

DSC05820.jpg

DSC05821.jpg

And within a short time the alpaca just got in

DSC05823.jpg

The lady said they have been taking this male alpaca for rides for 13 years, too cool. While I was distracted taking photos of this performance, I managed to lock my keys in the vehicle. However, I didn't notice until after my 2 hour walk on the beach, then I figured out how easy it is to break into my ride.

Hey let's refresh a really old thread....cause a family member shared this photo with me! Two completely normal looking turkeys, uncooked and clean, alongside a salmon carcas, on the beach at Spanish Banks mid-November. What the hell!?!?

Attachments

• IMG-20221224-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20221224-WA0004.jpg
    426.5 KB · Views: 141
Hey let's refresh a really old thread....cause a family member shared this photo with me! Two completely normal looking turkeys, uncooked and clean, alongside a salmon carcas, on the beach at Spanish Banks mid-November. What the hell!?!?
Looks like somebody was just playing a pretty basic game of turkey, turkey, fish. Seems like nothing out of the ordinary.

Ok i’ll bite. couple summers ago we were approaching the big rock launch in CR after a beauty day of fishing. my youngest says “ Dad there’s an elk in the water.”

i look to where he’s pointing and it wasn’t an elk but the biggest black tail buck i’ve ever seen. He was swimming from Quadra Island and was a couple hundred yards from the shore. he was a massive 5x5
i figured he’d be tired when he got to the beach but he shook off the water from his hide and took off running like a bat out of hell.

Ok I have a serious question here. Can a turkey float?

Only one piece of garbage today I noticed on Long Beach. A mangled plastic water bottle. Looks like from a container ship or drifted from Japan.

Attachments

• EBAC64C0-E7D0-44E4-8981-B9615095686C.jpeg
    EBAC64C0-E7D0-44E4-8981-B9615095686C.jpeg
    278.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Noise maker, decoy?
US Navy came and picked it up. Apparently it is a real torpedo but was unarmed. They can usually follow it after firing it but something went wrong. We had heard about it on notice to mariners but never believed we would actually see it. It was on the beach just south of Porlier. We fished there frequently from our cabin on Thetis.

US Navy came and picked it up. Apparently it is a real torpedo but was unarmed. They can usually follow it after firing it but something went wrong. We had heard about it on notice to mariners but never believed we would actually see it. It was on the beach just south of Porlier. We fished there frequently from our cabin on Thetis.
I remember that....around 2003?

OK makes sense I thought it was a much smaller object.

Back