Stolen Outboard

webber

Just had my kicker motor stolen off my boat last night while it was in my front yard in Qualicum Beach. It is a 2012 Yamaha F8 long shaft in excellent condition. Likely still has the white wire from the charging unit (which was cut), still zap strapped to the tiller and there is a length of duct tape along the tiller to reduce rubbing on the main. I know it is a long shot but if anyone sees it or hears anything please pm me. RCMP have opened a file.

Damn sorry to hear this. I'll keep my out on Van craigslist for anything that looks similar.

I would LOVE to help catch those Motherf&834ers!

Eyes are peeled here too, sorry to hear, mine was almost stolen last month too but luckily their cutters couldn't get through my throttle cables, cut all the other ones though

Had mine stolen in 2010. Once i got another one, I always removed it after when parked on trailer, such a ****** ordeal, curse upon thee.

Sorry to hear about your loss webber. Had mine stolen last year and although insured I still had to pay the taxes, deductible and install. It was locked as well as bolted through the bracket with lock nuts. They obviously came prepared. Also took a couple of weeks to get a new one in and installed and missed a week of fishing. I ended up getting a Panther Outboard motor lock. Would make it quite harder to steal now I think.
https://www.amazon.ca/Panther-75-82...501108805&sr=8-7&keywords=outboard+motor+lock

You can only get a 9.9HP now too. Mine was a 2013 9.9 and ran great but I will have to say the new motor for what ever reason ran even nicer and started effortlessly.
Best of luck

Back