Merc 2 stroke Outboard Setup

kingblazer84

Well I'm trying to get the ball rolling on a 4 stroke repower on my boat and would like to help someone out that's looking for a cheap yet reliable setup.

My older 2 stroke mercs have been great to me and owe me nothing and would be a great start for someone needing to get out there for cheap and have a main and trolling motor.

Main motor is a FRESH WATER! 1975 Mercury Thunderbolt 850 (85hp) 2 stroke it has 450hrs, 20" leg with upgraded ignition system (ignition module that was prone to failing is no longer there), rebuilt lower unit with new impeller, power tilt and trim, will come with all controls and pump/res for power tilt and trim and gauges and 3 ign keys. Runs like a top with 50:1 mix. Also comes with spare carbs and starter motor and dist assembly if there ever was a problem you will have the pieces to repair. The motor is setup to steer both motors for trolling. It has lots of power and can cruise all day long at 26-28mph if repropped could go well over 30mph.

SOLD

Trolling Motor/Kicker FRESH WATER 1980's 2 stroke (50:1 mix) Mercury 5hp outboard tiller style (with remote throttle control hooked up currently and will come with the outboard) low hrs as its only been used for trolling, in very nice shape, long shaft, runs great and only sips fuel! I can troll on the same tank of fuel for 4 days or more moves right along nicely. Custom built remote throttle control with a linear servo and servo tester that is wired long enough for a 17' boat so you can sit at the helm and adjust up or down for those days when the fish are finicky at biting!

SOLD

both engines are still on the boat and fully operational, located in West Kelowna. if interested please message me. I can also get some photos for the parties interested

Last edited:
Back