Stolen Outboard Motor

Coastdog

Hello All...just wanted to give everyone a heads up that outboard motor thieves are active.
I had my kicker (2008 3.5hp Mercury 4 stroke long shaft) stolen last night right off the back of my boat that was behind my fence in my yard in Ladysmith.
It was locked on the boat with a chain, but the thieves were equipped with a bolt cutter.
Hind sight is 20-20, I obviously should have had a better outboard motor lock..

Hello All...just wanted to give everyone a heads up that outboard motor thieves are active.
I had my kicker (2008 3.5hp Mercury 4 stroke long shaft) stolen last night right off the back of my boat that was behind my fence in my yard in Ladysmith.
It was locked on the boat with a chain, but the thieves were equipped with a bolt cutter.
Hind sight is 20-20, I obviously should have had a better outboard motor lock..

What is a good way to secure a kicker? Sorry to hear of your loss, bloody crackheads.

Really sucks man, do you have a picture of it, serial numbers. It may turn up in used vic or craigs list later this summer.

Sorry to hear about your outboard, Coastdog--

I've had them try but so far McGuard has held the bastards at bay:

MCGUARD.jpg

I have four different McGaurd nuts, all with a different lug pattern, fastening the bracket to the boat.

Nothing is fool-proof but better then a chain.

Hope you get it back---watch Craigslist like a hawk!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
This system, although expensive is VERY good. About $80.00, but all stainless and good quality. Lock it up and no more worries

Stazo Outboard lock.jpg

Seriously penalties for this kind of crap should not be jail it should be weeks to months (depending on the crime/history) at a labor camp where you get your butt worked off.

Maybe if the crackies knew just what it's like to work your butt off to pay for something they wouldn't be so quick to steal from somebody else. Work camps are unconstitutional? Screw that letting criminals basically walk for nothing while lawyers and judges rake in the coin prosecuting/defending them is unconstitutional.

Leave the courts and jails for the true criminals set up a work camps for the petty theives etc. they can literally repay their debt to society through forced labor that could include highway cleanup, invasive species removal, labour in the prison etc. don't want to work? Go to jail until your ready.

I have a McGuard on mine as well and it has kept them at bay.

Sorry to hear about your outboard, Coastdog--

I've had them try but so far McGuard has held the bastards at bay:

MCGUARD.jpg

I have four different McGaurd nuts, all with a different lug pattern, fastening the bracket to the boat.

Nothing is fool-proof but better then a chain.

Hope you get it back---watch Craigslist like a hawk!!!

Thanks to all of you for some great ideas on outboard motor locks, I have just posted a picture of my boat with the kicker on it that got stolen and I have included the serial#
Time will tell, it has been filed with the RCMP.

Back