Steelhead-Post Your Pictures Here

4E30B7A0-27EB-4CE4-AB72-708F3531F2DB.jpeg This is my favourite Steelhead pic. I’ve caught my fair share of Steelhead but I really wanted to catch one in Nanaimo river as I grew up there and had never fished it. I have been told that the river used to have a good run with some big fish way back in the day. The run size dropped dramatically and the river was closed for a long time but they opened a little while back. I made it my goal to catch one that year. They call them the fish of a 1000 casts and this truly was. I fished it every weekend starting in January and finally nailed it in March lol.

View attachment 48947 This is my favourite Steelhead pic. I’ve caught my fair share of Steelhead but I really wanted to catch one in Nanaimo river as I grew up there and had never fished it. I have been told that the river used to have a good run with some big fish way back in the day. The run size dropped dramatically and the river was closed for a long time but they opened a little while back. I made it my goal to catch one that year. They call them the fish of a 1000 casts and this truly was. I fished it every weekend starting in January and finally nailed it in March lol.
Very nice fish , Friend of mine caught a nice spring fishing for steelhead in that river in April ,30 plus years ago

Reactions: RBL
Back