Stay away from merc

you don't understand squat. you just like to let the big boys think you agree with them.
in pre-school we called that 'follow the leader'. the midol line,not bad,keep working on it though,puppy dog.lol[:p]

Wouldnt a 05 merc prop have one of the plastic hubs? or is that just on the 4 blades?
We picked up a new prop a few years ago (merc) that had this, if it was broken the prop would flop around??

quote:Originally posted by Gypseas

At 3.44 posts/day he's gonna be a major contributor soon
Happy hour on SFBC again :D:D
LOL

gonefishingsign.gif
Wow,your funny.hehehe.[xx(][:eek:)][:X][:X]bet your cute?

Depends on the size of the motor ( I guess)as the one 225 hp and I have both the 3 blade and the 4 blade they both have the plastic hub your talking about, and guess what they do spin mine on my 4 blade did that this year but didnt (melt) it to the prop got to it before it did that, because as it has been explained to me by the prop guy usually it melts it to the prop and he has to torch it out.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

I hear you Cuba we did the plug thing years back on our old boat. Wondered why it sat so low in the water. Boating is a learnin process for sure. As for MT maybe if he put in as much time trollin in his boat as he does on the forum hed have some fishin to talk about:DI tried to edit the thread but it wouldnt work.

Did you hit something to make it spin or did it just fail?

Thanks

quote:Originally posted by wolf

Depends on the size of the motor ( I guess)as the one 225 hp and I have both the 3 blade and the 4 blade they both have the plastic hub your talking about, and guess what they do spin mine on my 4 blade did that this year but didnt (melt) it to the prop got to it before it did that, because as it has been explained to me by the prop guy usually it melts it to the prop and he has to torch it out.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

gonefishingsign.gif

Well after the season was over took it out and the prop guy told me looks as if I went through some sand as it had tiny groves and a few very tiny nicks in there is one spot that I go through I huess on one of the very very low tide I may have but sure didnt feel anything. but not too bad considering that amount of times on the water LOL LOL.

Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

all of us have done dumb stuff like what dad did its easy when your excited about going fishing and nervous in a new situationhope you didnt chew the old man out too badly.

No i didnt get mad the boats still floating and this summer i did troll 7 miles back on the kicker after cursing the merc out for not running only to find my buddy had hit the kill switch and i didnt check it. Baddog you rat it would be a shame if you had to take a swim off the dock this weekend:D

Now, Now Kelly, your old man and I have been friends for years.

Of course I'm going to rat you out. Lol, see you at BB.

Maybe a little boat bet to make things interesting?????

Hi kelly,Sounds like you spun the prop.just take it off and look.You will see it right away.For about 40 bucks you can get a new insert and get it rebalanced.good luck

thanks the runt

Back