Starboard gutter boards ?

scott craven

Has anyone tried Starboard for replacing worn gutter (side pocket) boards in your boat?
Would 1/4"or 3/8" be best ? :confused:

Some boat use the starboard right from the factory for side pockets. My Cdory had some and it was 1/2" if I remember correct

3/8" will be cheaper Scott. I machine and design with the stuff all the time and its ridiculously expensive. Lets put it thsi way when you can you can buy a sheet of stainless sometimes at par with saniboard or starboard somethings wrong!

FYI, another good place to get starboard in victoria is plexiklass mfg. There on john St. Usally cheaper than industrial plastics,

ripped the old vinyl covered boards off and replaced with the starboard yesterday.
big improvement for the boat.

FYI, another good place to get starboard in victoria is plexiklass mfg. There on john St. Usally cheaper than industrial plastics,

I just want to echo plexiklass mfg. I have just used then for a few engineering projects I was doing. There 75 to 80 percent of price of industrial plastics for material. They also routered up some custom parts for me so I didn't have to use waterjet. I totally recommend them. Was very impressed in service.

Back