stamp river

well......hit up the sproat river today 1 chrome winter hatchery steelhead around 10lb's[8D] and lost another good winterfish:( and had acouple summerruns to hand[}:)]

cheers steelheadman[}:)]

Where do you fish on the sproat? Also do you just use the typical: goeybob, corkies, spin'n glows, pink workms etc. etc. Do you fish were the river comes into the stamp? If not how do you get to a good spot to fish on the Sproat? Thanks a lot[8D]

took my dad out yesterday, just went for a quick afternoon fish and got into 3. lucky guy nailed one on his second cast (first steelhead in 20 years for him), pretty sweet setting with the snow too.

Ya, I've been wondering if the river has dropped yet? Last time I was there it was almost blown out!

ya i'd definately giver up there, she was lookin pretty sweet!
if only i didnt have those dam exams...

can someone tell me which section of river is open? Is the stretch just below the bucket open ? Are you still able to launch a driftboat in that farm field? Thanks guys

The hole river is open right now. Except maybe the section between the Ash and Great central lake. Yes you can launch at that field. Probbly your best option.

Hey Chosen one!

Welcome back. I heard there are quite a few winter fish in the Stamp already. Guys are doing well from shore. Last I heard the water was really high, so it might not be the best drifting it? I am not sure if the water has come down that much since last week? The last I heard was that you can not fish it from a boat from Falls pool to the Bucket but I have not read the regs yet.

take care & talk to u soon,

Hyde-N-Seek.

sounds good Hyde. We might have to plan a drift before all this snow melts and blows out the systems again. Gimme a call and maybe we'll hook up. Just finishing moving into a new house and stuff.

Are you able to fish at the gun club? Or is it still to high? Thanks

any one commn up to port alberni on the 5th of december? got the day off n thinkn of goin n hittn some chrome, ne one up for meetn up n hittn the flow together...?[}:)][^]

cheers steelhead man[8D]

quote:Originally posted by yo mama
Dirty,Chevys, Steelyman, Noggin, drop me a email tell me how it is up there. Itchin to get out!!!

Now :D
That huge wave of water we had (just before the snow) did a tremendous job. A rather nice run of wints rode in on that wave. Loads of summers around, almost to the point of nusiance ;)

Busy chasin' hooves 'n horns, but hit her up 3 times while heading out to the killing fields. 18 wints to hand thus far...

Cheers,
Nog

Back