Stamp Riv

Islandson31

Anyone been out to the stamp recently? Is it blown out with all this recent rain? too early for steelies or are some getting landed? Thanks folks. I’m hoping to get out there soon so I’ll give an update on conditions.

Its too early for Winter Steelies but there should be summer fish in the System. They will be gourging on single eggs.

The summer runs start coming into the Stamp as early as May and act like big trout till they spawn in December /January. Unlike Winter Runs they feed until they start to ripen for spawning. Most of them will be above the Falls. They feed like mad on Coho and Chinook eggs . I don't know about these days, but there used to be great fishing above from the lake down to the falls.
Guides used to launch jetboats at the hatchery and clean up sight fishing with Jensen eggs.
Winters will start to come at the start of November.

Have been thinking of heading out to try for steelhead later this week, even just to get out and fish and check out the river. Will it be totally blown out with the rain this week or will the upper section be fishable?

I've never fished the Stamp before so even just explore the area. I'll be on foot, any info is appreciated.

Check the regs to see if it is open, but if it is, the falls pool is as good a spot as any during extreme high water events.

Back