Stamp Report 2008/2009

they r around....finicky when the waters low...but there should b lots of fish pushing up with these big tides were having...:D

Maybe if there wasnt a gauntlet of seals to swim by in the river mouth there would be some decent pushes, but thats not the case. They are having trouble getting their B stock for the hatchery, things are not good on the stamp.

well i havnt bumped into as many wild fish as i did last year.....but last year i heard much of the same...i talked 2 a guide this time last season and asked him if there was a broodstock program 4 anglers 2 help out with wild fish(tubing)and he said no.which was 2 bad because last season by this time i had touched plenty of wild fish...some forum members may remember some of the pics i posted of wild square tails.....anywho...when i lived up in the north island ,i and 19 other anglers were part of the brood program 4 the quatse,cluxewe rvrs.and at the end of the season whoever had tubed the most wild fish won a hand made drift rod/fly rod put together by bob holloway......what im gettin at is maybe if any angler had the chance 2 tube steelies,maybe robertson cr. or any hatchery program 4 that matter wouldnt be struggling.
now i know this doesnt change that the seals r having a smorg. of steelhead....but im sure it could help

shakes:D

f#$k i totally 4got 2 mention this....i was told about 2-3 weeks ago someone on the stamper caught a 21.5lbs hatchery buck....anyone else hear anything

shakes

it just was not my hour...i finally made it out 2nite 4 the first time in about 3 weeks waters swelling and fish r a plenty....im almost embarrased 2 say but......i hooked 5 very healthy fish...and not 1...thats right not 1 2 the beach.but i did get 2 c every fish...and they were all bars of chrome.now i know what your thinkin..could b 1 or 2 of the same fish....NOT...im guessin a bunch of fish made it past the gauntlet of seals in the tide water....

shakes

i went out last nite 4 an hour...landed a wild doe and shook hands with another....

shakes:D

Stir,stir. You can't catch'em from behind your computer Dinnertime, any for you this year or still living in the past. Don't stir up Bags, remember he has anger issues,lol! Lots of steel around, some people are finally learning they should be fishing the Zippermouth river when it come to leaving steel post on here.

Agreed Luna,lets not get roebag going,ever fish the Styx?,and none for me this yr, and yes i am still living off my many memories of that fabulous flow and what once was ,but because my good friend the great Greg Mcinroy doesn't giude there anymore,i don't see the point.

Are we talken Worlds Deadliest Catch,if so then that dude is one tough mother,got to respect the man,not many have the strength and tenacity to handle that job.

He has been at it for a few years now don't know how he gets up every morning and works that hard! He's one tough son of a b***h thats for sure!

Hey Shake a Paw.. Glad to here you are slaying 'em! I am not surprised having fished with you those couple of days on the stamp years back.... Yeah I know I gotta get my but over there !!

hey there islandgirl!!!its been a while,how r u doin???gettin ready 2 come over and slay some sox???it hasnt been an awsome year...but still productive none the less..even with the low water conditions.good 2 hear from u..keep in touch

shakes:)

Naw, just waiting for more rain.
Was out at the Salmon River yesturday water was really low there too. Near a dozen people out heard of two fish hooked into only one landed.

Naw, just waiting for more rain.
Was out at the Salmon River yesturday water was really low there too. Near a dozen people out heard of two fish hooked into only one landed.

Back