Stamp conditions???

One of the slowest weekends on record for February. :(
Ran into the Bio on the way out Sunday. They're getting a tad nervous about this year's broodstock collection.
May have to put on the wanderin' boots and see if I can lend a hand...

Nog

This will reveal how little I know about hatchery production... but hasn't there been plenty of fish this year? do you need broodstock from each month? :confused:

Huh? Those guys got bait! Looks like steelhead don't repeatedly bite bait like the Bob Hooton science indicates. LOL
One of the slowest weekends on record for February. :(
Ran into the Bio on the way out Sunday. They're getting a tad nervous about this year's broodstock collection.
May have to put on the wanderin' boots and see if I can lend a hand...

Nog

Huh? Those guys got bait! Looks like steelhead don't repeatedly bite bait like the Bob Hooton science indicates. LOL

Funny thing is Kenny, pretty well every time they wander along chucking guts, the Usual Suspects generally outfish them with artificials. :D
Kind of tend to agree with you regarding some of his science :cool:

Cheers,
Nog

The bulk of Mr. H's experience is Skeena and Skeena trib fish. Those fish would repeatedly bite a sparkplug if you gave them the chance.

I once bet a guy $20 I could catch a Bulkley fish on a cigarette butt. Easiest $ 20 I ever put in my pocket.

Winter fish (both hatch and wild): I've seen yarn out-fish bait 3 to 1 (when the guy with the yarn understands what presentation is all about)

Bait does still feel good in the pocket though! Where allowed of course.
The bulk of Mr. H's experience is Skeena and Skeena trib fish. Those fish would repeatedly bite a sparkplug if you gave them the chance.

I once bet a guy $20 I could catch a Bulkley fish on a cigarette butt. Easiest $ 20 I ever put in my pocket.

Winter fish (both hatch and wild): I've seen yarn out-fish bait 3 to 1 (when the guy with the yarn understands what presentation is all about)

We fished Saturday and Sunday. Saturday hooked 5 fish landed 3 . Sunday fished hard all day and nothing. Talked to a few other guys and they were much of the same on Sunday. The river is low and clear. Not many fresh fish in the river.

The Bio guys are having a real tough time collecting broodtsock. We bumped into 1 yesterday and chatted for a bit.

Gave the upper river a shot on Saturday, river was quite low but I am sure is rising as I type. No luck for me but one of the guide boats picked one up at MP. My brother's Hyde drift boat(that is sitting under 4 feet of snow in Fernie) would have been nice. I think I will have to convince him to store it out here this year... :)

Hey Mr Lee! Was that you in the rubber? I was the drift boat at the launch! We did quiet well,3 winters, 6 kelts and 2 spawners landed. All on jigs!

It's been good of late...

Chrome1.jpg

Chrome3.jpg

Chrome5.jpg

LastDayLimit.jpg

Might actually have to break down and buy a new License...

Cheers,
Nog

oh man those are some nice fish nog. I have been working in saskatoon for the last month and haven't hammered a stamp beauty in too long. Cant wait to get back to the island for some steel

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

13April1.jpg

13April2.jpg

13April6.jpg

13April3.jpg

And that literally is a Wrap! Headed offshore right shortly now, so won't be seeing any more of these Beauties for quite a spell methinks. Hell of a Grand Season!! And for certain, I'll be back!!

Cheers,
Nog

Hey Nog, what's with the nuclear weaponry---I thought you were strictly a CP kind of guy to slow down the catch rate and leave some fish for the rest of us :) .... Nice fish, by the way!

Hey Nog, what's with the nuclear weaponry---I thought you were strictly a CP kind of guy to slow down the catch rate and leave some fish for the rest of us :)

LOL! Usually am Sharpy, but WTH, end of the season and the river is pretty much a Ghost Town of late. Somebody has to catch them! :D

Certainly has been a nice push of Freshies wander in the last little while! Kinda sweet to be working them with fingers that can actually FEEL for a change! :cool:

Cheers,
Nog

Back