Sses Derby

Lipripper

Another old report..

I have a collection of Ipod and smartphone pics

[7NJ_nzOckOQ] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NJ_nzOckOQ

Finally Eric is out of camp for a stretch. So the SSES derby was on the menu for this weekend
Had a little problem with Eric still in bed when I showed up shortly after 4 but we still managed to have the gear in just after 5.

We did an outside pass and noticed some fish coming off Gordons beach so we brought the gear up a little shallower and pounded the gravel. First pass yielded this one that looks small in the pic.

26-1.jpg

This was the morning Saturday.... The roughest weather we had. (also Ofishals sister ship..... and Hallilamma in the back backgroud)

IMG-20120804-00118.jpg

We stuck it out in close and it paid off after everyone started moving out for some coho action. By noon the main decided starve the fuel bulb and kill the motor. We decided that it was better to head and deal with the issue for the next day.

Finished @ 17,20,27ish

010.jpg

We weighed in at forth for the time being and knew we would get bumped. We swapped out the water separator on the boat and were ready to rock for day two.

The second day saw a way earlier wake up time and it was a wicked run out, almost a full moon, glass water, and we dropped the gear by flashlight and as the sun came up we soon learned that it wasn't going to be the same as day 1. There were a few fish being caught but it sure wasn't hot.
Our only catch there was a couple feeder springs and this guy...

1-1.jpg

Eric didn't realize when he was dropping his gear even though Big Gary and myself were doing commentary for the whole event :cool: I booted Eric off the rigger and saved the little buggers butt, he was probably down 30 feet. I took the hook out and put him on the floor, he hung out for a good while and we got some good laughs with many of the boats in the area.

We fished Otter till just after nine and moved towards the harbour mouth. That paid off with a 21 around 11 dragging the bottom between Possession and the Bluffs

We got 0 coho for the 2 days which was kind of what we wanted even though we rode with 7 packs of bait just in case.

Finished 13th with Eric's fish and he won a smoker... funny cause he was talking about grabbing one

smoker.jpg

Fun weekend.... Bite Me derby next weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
You too bud...

And of course Mrs Tp

Last edited by a moderator:
Back