Sproat River

i was out there today. and i can honesly say......
i think the steelhead season is over for the sproat.
water is really high too.
i dunno. maybe there will be a fish at the slide pool or falls pool or something.

I was up near the slide pool yesterday, spent 4-5 hours up there and got one sniff. talked to a guide in the morning and he told me to stay upriver.

I thought about going up there. Think im gonna head out next wednesday, might be my last shot at the river until summer(hopefully its open to coho). with the weather geating warmer the lakes should provide some excitement as the steely season is almost done.:(

Fished Ash confluence and Money's on Friday, conditions were perfect but no steelies to show for it. I did catch a 16" (jack steelhead?) rainbow trout that was a big surprise. Finished the day at Falls Pool and there were lots of steelhead splashing around in the upper part but couldn't get one to bite... spawners? unfortunately I think it's time to get the float tube out [8D]
BL

i'm not really sure. i think in may.
i dunno. it could be in april.
i'm not sure. you win prizes anyways without catching a fish lol. it's awsome

LOL that it must be. I talked to a buddy yesterday and hes still planning on coming up for the derby if there is one. So looks like ill be goin!![8D] On a side note: was up at loon on sunday and saw plenty of fish rising and managed to hook a few. Should be getting stocked in a month or so as well! [:p]

try a few days ago.
my buddy saw the truck up there already.
that lake just gets too fished out.
i walk the tracks to the next lake.
you'll have a surprise there. my grandpa hooked a cutthroat about 3 pounds there.
you wanna see a few surprised fisherman. let me tell ya!
i was really shocked. and i saw a couple of big jumpers too.
i think it's called dog lake. all cutthroats in there i think.
you'll catch lots of smaller fish too. but still lol

F.M. 14, is that the G.C. system you are talking about being fished out?? As for dog lk, that hits a little to close to the doghouse.. If you want to continue catching some of those cutt's you may wanna lesson your directions sum.dirty

Dirty he was refering to loon, anyhow if you fish loon enough you know about dog lake. Its not much of a secret, yes there can be big fish in it, but so does loon and many others around here. Alls it takes is to look at a bloody map and you can seet quite clearly how to get there.:D

My apologies, I guess I should have read into the thread a little more.-dirty

LOL it aint much of a lake, more of a LARGE pond. Locally known as "Dog", but if you look on the freshwater fishing society site it's known as "Summit". Dirty no biggy, its an AWESOME place to take the kids and good for that time when you want to be close to home. Its stocked with 2000 catchable rainbows and i think 500-1000 cutties(loon lake) every year. Dog(summit) is stocked with 500 cutties every year. I dont remember too many days when there isnt 1-5 vehicles up there. Most people are just toooo lazy to walk to dog.

Back