spoon polish

Jencourt

Where can I find some Wenol polish in Comox valley? Or do you folks have another product to recommend for getting the spoons back to shine?

I use this stuff called twinkle ? metal polish. 1 for silver and 1 for brass

Autosol from Canadian tire works better than Brasso or Red Bear for me. I can never find Wenol either.

Neverdull works great as well and that can last forever...

Never-Dull works great on stainless and other metals. I use in on my all my stainless hardware and rails.
Comes with wadding to apply so all you need to do is buff off after its dry.

IMG_9174 (Small).jpg

I just Brasso and then wash them off in soapy water after.
I am of the mind that bare metal spoons work best when there is no polish on them ( voltage created on the bare metals).
If you cover them with polish it kills the galvanic effect because they are now somewhat coated even though they are shinier.

I have always just used WD40 on spoons and flashers. I try and do it at the end of the season to avoid any rust issues. Works good for me.

Online for Wenol. Flitz is another good product.
For major brownie points let your better half try Wenol on silver, brass or gold. Just eats tarnish apparently and is way less work.

I have a stack of old metal spoons - PAL, Katch Mor, etc. Twinkle cleans really good (commercial guys recommend as well) Store spoons in water with a few drops of 'Spoon Bright' if you can find it. Or, in an aluminum pot with fresh water. The old Brasso used to work but the new stuff is poor.

Back