Sooo Many Dolphins

quote:Originally posted by The Fish Assassin
Are they feeding?

See how the last part of the video shows coordinated jumping that's just a schooling behaviour maybe the first couple dozen were busting bait.

I've seen a wall of Dolphins 500 meters wide and I swear not one of them was out of synch it was amazing.

The guy I was fishing with, this was out of Zihuatanejo, was grabbing my arm and shouting in Spanish, this is a guy who spend upward of 200 days a year on the water he had never seen anything so incredible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
freshwaterlagoonnuquicw3.jpg

Feeding dolphins-The first time that I saw any dolphins on the "inside" was in 1983 when about a half dozen went rocketing under our boat. About three years ago when comming back to Nanaimo on the ferry I saw about two hundred on one side of the boat and another one hundred on the other. I thought that they were feeding on something and as it was late April I thought that they were feeding on bluebacks.

I find it interesting that the rise in the "inside" dolphin population seems to be at the same time as the decline in the "inside" coho population particularly as I understand that they now number into the thousands

Back