Sooke Reports - Spring/Summer 09

did ok today for the first fish trip of the year. 1 18 pound chinook and couple shakers we let back. secretary green flash with green spoon.

did ok today for the first fish trip of the year. 1 18 pound chinook and couple shakers we let back. secretary green flash with green spoon.

We headed out for a family trip, our 10 month old daughters first salmon trip! Missed the change, but hit two fish in less than an hour off Church, bucking hard in the big flood. Should have got the girls a licence i guess:D.
IMGP3691.jpg

www.tailspincharters.com

Nice fish Tailspin, got out myself this afternoon 11-2.Picked up a 21 in that flood off possession.Seemed like a good bite of smaller fish at tide change,then fewer but bigger fish as the tide picked up.

Well was out on my only 2 days off (mon, tues) would not say it is hot by any means spoty is more like it a few fish are being brought in but 1 here 1 there with a few getting 2 but seen alot of people skunked.Got 2 on mon. 1 on tues. but definatlly had to work for them.

On mon saw about 15 fish caught yesterday was definatlly slower but it will come big ebbs like that in the morning is tough conditons. on the plus I have never seen so much bait around like this before big schools of herring about the 5 to 6 inch range were every where trolled thru it about 10 times still nothing so that tells me there isnt alot of fish around.

It will come, just in time for the derby great tides for it this year.

Good luck Wolf

Blue Wolf Charters
www.bluewolfcharters.com

Yes "Time",the Trap Shack is west of Beechey Head about 2k.The Trap Shack is still there.I used to camp there in the late 60's with a group called the Junior Forest Wardens, that was led by an old logger called Chris Pike.I don't think it was a park back then.We used to hike in from Aylard Farm with our group and old Mr Pike used to drive his Land Rover in close to the shack and we camped all around cabin point.No camping there now.

dl

Yes "Time",the Trap Shack is west of Beechey Head about 2k.The Trap Shack is still there.I used to camp there in the late 60's with a group called the Junior Forest Wardens, that was led by an old logger called Chris Pike.I don't think it was a park back then.We used to hike in from Aylard Farm with our group and old Mr Pike used to drive his Land Rover in close to the shack and we camped all around cabin point.No camping there now.

dl

Tailspin...... inside the bay has been fishing good. The jiggers were really on them near the Bentick. I dragged up a 32 and lost one in the baby 20's off the kelp bed on meat sticks and glow hootchies.

Tailspin...... inside the bay has been fishing good. The jiggers were really on them near the Bentick. I dragged up a 32 and lost one in the baby 20's off the kelp bed on meat sticks and glow hootchies.

WHEN WILL THE WIND DIE DOWN:(

What is with this wind, go figure I wanna go for some evening fishes and here comes the wind

I guess I will go chase some bears

Wind will die down on Saturday when I can get out.:D

Go get them bears Jack! Every bear shot is a fawn saved!

Tips

I'm with you Striper. I have a buddy from Vancouver staying this week, dying to go fishing. I was planning to take him out after work--but wind, wind, wind!:(
T2

No Rigours

6 springs to 31 pounds Monday, 5 springs to 36 pounds Tuesday, 7 springs to 30 pounds Wednesday and 3 springs to 25 pounds Friday. Lost as many as we landed. Best June fishing in 6 or 7 years.

Back