Sooke reports - August 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fishing is good just have to work for them this week the guests on the boat all got fish biggest was a 38# and a 34# but got a lot from the 16 to 21 lb mark sockeye fishing is good as well out there, huge tides this week seem to be getting them later on with the low slack and incoming flood!!!!

Good luck Wolf

Fishing has been good boys. Can't wait to go out again.

quote:Originally posted by rockfish99

we went out at the same time and got nothing, 550 feet of water just off Beecher bay, out pretty far I guess. 24 inch short leader, red hoochie and green hoochie :(

was pretty choppy out there with ebb tide.

what did u use?

quote:Originally posted by Hurston

Had an alright day out with my son today. Fished Otter and Muir from 7:30 till 10 released a small spring and lost 1 around 12lbs right at the boat[xx(].
THen went out into the straits and had a blast catching Sockeye. We kept 3 around 5lbs, released/lost around 15 others. It was great fishing for my son who's 12.
Other than the fog it was great weather on the water.

Till the weekend
Jason
U should be asking for advice from the wolf ..... he seems to catch more and bigger fish than me[:p]
Pink squirts behind red flashers for the socks worked the best for me.
As for lots of big springs I guess we'll have to hope wolf gives up some secrets:D

Jason

Back from the trailer at Otter Point , fishing was spotty with some nice ones coming in , 36 lbs was the biggest , lots of teens , got blown out on Monday and Tueasday though, anchovy and glow green heads were doing the trick for me.

AL

Same as everyone else anch and flasher!!!!!!! but I will tell you I hit both of those fish on my top rods which were at 60 ft and the 602 teaser head but seemed to get the others on all different stuff it seems to be a real guessing game out there this year there doesnt seem to be a real definate pattern to the fish this year from what I have personally seen im out again tommorow.

Good luck Wolf

Got all mine between 65 and 90 ft , had several hits on the bottom rod (couldn't hold them)when playing with the orange and black mottled Krippled anchovy glow head in the glow pattern.
Also found shortening the leaders to 70 ins began to get more slaps than earlier in the season.

AL

Curiosity finally dragged me to fish East Sooke today
from 10:00am till 2:00pm and not a strike.
there must have been 80 boats on the water and i saw one
spring landed at the Trap, nothing else.
there were a couple Springs on the table at Cheanuh.
Whales were through about 1:00pm, which likely did not help!
pretty slow....:(

Got 2 today 18#23# and lost one about the same all at the trap.A 12 year old girl got the 23# her every first fish.Her dad was the one that lost the fish!!

Finally got out Sooke this afternoon. Targeted Sockeye way out. Nothing. Trolled back to Secretary where the birds were feeding heavily in 400 ft. 30 mim I had my aggregate,Sockeye and 1 10lb Spring. 40 ft. A good day.

Fished Secretary from 3:30-5:45 pm for 1 15 lb spring which came at 5:30. A few shakers, no sockeye. Tide was still slowing down when we left so there could have been more happening for the next hour but we were trying for something for the bbq and went in for supper.
T2

Okay curiousity was killing me why "Wolf" has not been posting lately and not even a phone call or a email to say hi after leaving him a message or two. He said he was sorry but he's been very busy with charters and yes he is just harmering the springs and sockeye. Although he won't tell me where he's fishing I do know he's not hanging out with the crowds. There are lots of fish around he was saying you just have to find them which he has with quite a few this past week in the 30's. The reason you aren't seeing him is he is sneaking around everyone in the fog to avoid giving away his new found honey hole. ;)

Cheers ME

Secretary Island. One 15# spring early then nothing after 10 am when pod of orcas went by. Alot of complaining on the radio about "quiet".
Went looking for sockeye in the fog. Never did find any.

Very funny there yote;):DFishing has been really really good for me so after chatting with kev and him giving me a bit of heck, here is what my clients have gotten in the past week 6 over 34 lbs and the biggest a 38 another 10 or so springs in the 18 to 28 lb mark and lots of sockeye , I have been every where from secretary to sheringham on different times so I really cant tell you where the bulk of the springs have come from but the socks Ive been getting off of the tip of sec. in the 400 to 450 mark going sideways on the tides that has been my proven way of getting them they dont seem to bite going with the tide.

Good luck Wolf

Well your wrong spring fever has gotten some ,reel excitment has and so has 2 others that I personally know im out there every day so I do have an idea go look on the board at sunny shores and see for your self if you dont believe me or i can e-mail you some pictures but dont call me a liar.This is just the reason I dont post on here getting guys like you contridicting what I say and do

Thanks and good luck Wolf

We pulled a 40lb. and a 25lber. by 9:00am yesterday (Sunday) our 19ths and 20th. springs of the season of which a few over 30lbs. We are not fishing guides, weekend fishermen at best, once or twice a week if we are luckey to get out. Friend of mine, sport fisher, was out last week, had 6 springs in one morning! smallest 26lbs. biggest 42lbs. ! It is his third fish over 40 this season I can recall and they limit more often than not. I believe there are many other good fishermen out there....

There's a critic in every crowd Wolf. Maybe he should pay a little closer attention to the small details and listen to others advice if he wants to be sucessful too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back