Sooke, Renfrew or Barkley?

A

argonut

I'm new to the area and I have a boat that will take me where I want to go. I would sure like an opinion on where you local chaps think the best salmon fishing is this week. Also, is there any diesel on the water up around Renfrew? Had a good time there last year but did not check out any fuel docks for diesel.

Looks like springs close to the beach are still a bit hit and miss. I got one yesterday in Sooke at Beechey. There are lots of coho and pinks around. If you have the boat, you might consider Barkley and then go out to Laperouse as the fishing sounds more consistent out there already. DO NOT GO OUT THERE UNLESS YOU HAVE CONSIDERABLE EXPERIENCE. Use the search function for Laperouse and you will see some good threads on your suitability for fishing that area. Good luck,
T2

Thanks for the tips T2. I think this time around we'll just try Sooke and Renfrew. Renfrew marina has diesel (little tough getting in though) and maybe we'll even get out to Swiftsure- haven't caught a hali yet. Frankly , I'm glad cathing anthing. We're in a 30 foot aluminum cruiser ARGO. -Can't miss it, so give a shout and I'll pass you a beer. Seems like some guys think it's all a big secret. Don't they know it's not nice keeping secrets.

I'll be up in Renfrew August 1 and 2 so if you're around I'm in a 17.5 ft Double Eagle "No Rigours". Give me a call on 68.
Cheers,
T2

My wife and plan on being up there (Sooke or Renfrew) every 2 weeks for 5 or 6 days each time till October and I'll give you a holler. Right now it looks like July 18th till the 25th and then Aug 4th to 9th and again 18th to 23rd, etc etc. . We'll keep one cold for you just in case.

Back