Sooke Coho Derby 2012

Doug

Sooke will be having another Coho Derby.

The Coho Derby will be held on Sat Oct 13th from sunrise to 1500 hrs.
First prise will be 60% of the funds raised ($3500+- last year) and the remaining funds raised will go to local hatcheries and the Sooke food band.

Ticket will be $25 per rod and will be available next week at all the same locations as last year.

Stay tuned for future details

Well since the BlackPearl is no longer...and the FishTank is under major improvements...I will volunteer to fillet fish again this year.........as long as you guys keep feeding me luckys and rums...and sharpening my knife. Cheers guys...great local fundraiser for years to come

Tickets are now available at Trotac Marine, Wise Buys Fishing Supplies, West Shore Tackle, The Crab Shack, Eagle Eye Wilderness and Island Outfitters.
We have also receive some great prize (rods, reels, etc.) donations.
Fishing has been excellent, so get out there and buy some tickets. Hopefully you catch the big one and even if you don't you're 99% guaranteed to go home with fish.

Ticket sales at all store locations will end at noon on Friday Oct. 12th, after 12 noon Friday ticket will only be available from the Crab Shack.
So if you're going in the derby make sure you get your tickets early or you'll have to make a trip to the Crab Shack..

Fishing has been excellent and with bigger fish showing up we are now experiencing some great fighting fish.

So it sounds like there are multiple prizes are they all awarded to the big fish or are some draw prizes? Does your derby ticket get you into the draws?

Im wondering if i launch at cheanuh and catch no big fish am i missing the chance at a prize by not attending the weigh in?

Weigh-in is at the Crab Shack.
1st prize is $$$ (60%)
2nd , 3rd, 4th........ prizes will be donated gifts. (hali rod, rod and reel combo, crab trap package,..........). All of the donations have yet to be picked up.
So far Wise Buys Fishing Supplies and Island Outfitter have both been very generous with fishing gear. Thank You to both of them
Kids largest fish prize.
Hidden weight prize

There will also be a side raffle for nice reel. If you donate a fish to the food bank you will receive a ticket for the reel raffle.

For 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and the side raffle reel draw you do not have to be there. All other prizes you have to be there.

Not sure why you would not be there if you are wieghing in a fish. Where else would you be?

I know I'd be there if I was in the running for 1st place. I couldn't wait to get the cash in my hands.

For the side draw for the reel, I'd probably donate a fish, get my ticket and wait for a call if I won.

Sat I've got a charter and I've informed them of the derby and the three guys have all purchased tickets.

"Not sure why you would not be there if you are wieghing in a fish. Where else would you be?"

At my sons 3rd Birthday Party (wife says it is fairly important)
... but I can fish a few hours in the morning.

Are there canned food donations being taken for Food Bank?
If so at ticket sites or at weigh in?

Ticket sales at all store locations will end at noon today.
Tickets will still be available at the Crab Shack until the end of closing today and tomorrow morning between 0630 hrs and 0715 hrs.

At this time, Big Wave Dave and Environment Canada are both calling for good (5-15) wind weather conditions for Saturday.

The Crab Shack will be open on Sat so there will be someone to weigh your fish so you can get to your party.

The problem is that the volunteers running the derby will also be fishing.

So if I've been living under a rock and just found out about this derby, but was planning on going out fishing tomorrow anyway, but can't get out until later in the morning, is it not possible to buy tickets at the shack? 6:30-7:15 tickets only? That's too bad.... Guess I should get out from under that rock.

Great derby. No big ones for us but lots of fish to be caught. I really liked donating some fish to the food bank what a good idea.

Thanks to all the volunteers I will try again next year.

Back