Some recent projects

Changed all the oils tonight as well. My buddy is an Amsoil agent so I get 20% off the internet price. Nice me thinks. Supposed to be good stuff and the hot chicks at the show's don't hurt either lol. Works out cheaper than the Honda stuff and my engine is way past warranty anyways lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get the fresh water wash down system in place the other weekend. I am still working on it. I thought I would go full out (not like me at all lol). I am going to have the fill hose right at the gunnel like it should be. I can go through the 13 gallons probably every trip so I need an easy fill spot.

Hole saw kick back bite to the hand. Gotta expect that once in a while lol.

You can get the idea here but the hose will run under the deck next to the side wall. I just have to do the deed and drill that last hole through my deck ( damn I hate doing it lol). I will weld in a piece of pipe that will be a 90 degree elbow under the deck. The hose will clamp onto this.

More to come.........

Cheers,
John

John you got any time to help me out with a couple things on the old machine ?

lookin good sculpin!!, everything looks awesome. i like the storage and the fresh water bladder, fresh water on board makes life alot easier, the gunnel/deck mounted water fill is a good call...small amount of work up front, saves alot of hassle later on... again ease of use...your dual radios I think is going to cause me to spend more money lol...I like the idea of monitoring 88 & 16 at the same time, I feel guilty on 88 for any length of time... especially now that vancouver waters are without the kits CG station, I hope others have there ears on as well, because now unfortunatly the public is your first chance of rescue in that area

lookin good sculpin!!, everything looks awesome. i like the storage and the fresh water bladder, fresh water on board makes life alot easier, the gunnel/deck mounted water fill is a good call...small amount of work up front, saves alot of hassle later on... again ease of use...your dual radios I think is going to cause me to spend more money lol...I like the idea of monitoring 88 & 16 at the same time, I feel guilty on 88 for any length of time... especially now that vancouver waters are without the kits CG station, I hope others have there ears on as well, because now unfortunatly the public is your first chance of rescue in that area

Thanks CZ. I'm getting there. Real battle tonight trying to get that pipe welded to the deck. I got the second pump mounted. Just have to run plumbing now. The tray or bladder holder is all fabricated just have to put it in. I should have her all back together tomorrow evening. I gotta get out fishing man! LOL.

I'm so close to being done.......I can taste it lol.

This has been an interesting one for sure.

Got the filler for the fresh water wash down tank all finished up.

The tray to hold the flexible water tank in place.

A little twisted in the back because I'm not mighty mouse and I don't want to crawl in there to try to drill and tap holes lol. The weight of the water will hold it down no problem.

The flexible water tank in place and all hooked up.

You can see some holes in the side of the tray in this shot. Those are for some bungees to keep here there.

On to the wiring in the new pump etc. Can't wait to fill her up and try it out!!!

More to come........

Hey John,
what about laying a thin piece of rubber mat in the tray to prevent the Bladder from chaffing on the seam during one of your longer offshore runs or is it not a worry?, not sure what its made of but might prevent some future headache??
or maybe I'm just blowing smoke too. my new boat has a pressurized fresh water washdown on deck as well as saltwater and a small sink below too and I know your going to love it, I use it all the time now

Hey John,
what about laying a thin piece of rubber mat in the tray to prevent the Bladder from chaffing on the seam during one of your longer offshore runs or is it not a worry?, not sure what its made of but might prevent some future headache??
or maybe I'm just blowing smoke too. my new boat has a pressurized fresh water washdown on deck as well as saltwater and a small sink below too and I know your going to love it, I use it all the time now

Good point about the seam in the tray. I have some old camping foamies kicking around. I could probably cut one of them up and put it under there. The flexible tank is double walled. The real tank is inside and the outer jacket is cordura nylon. I think it is designed to withstand some chaffing but I will look into putting something under there. Just about finished plumbing and wiring and going to fill her up and test fire soooonnnn!

stop tinkering and get FISHING!!!

stop tinkering and get FISHING!!!

Ha ha, you will love this next set then lol.

Coat hangers of all things!

My focus has been to keep the seats clear this year. I installed a couple of coat hangers against the opposite wall of the organizer. I think I am done now and can keep the seats free of crap.

If you ever want to stick stuff to a wall or what have you, go with the pro's. This stuff is what you stick trim onto a car with. The double sided stickiness is unreal!!!

Bingo....two coat hooks using the double sided super sticky tape. This is what I used on the C02 sensor as well. Great stuff.

I didn't have the proper shrink fit connectors for hooking up the electrical on the wash down pumps so I will wait till tomorrow to test fire it.

To loop or not to loop.............that is the question?

I plumbed both pump's in straight. My previous pump had a loop in it (I'm thinking for a reason). Do you need to have a loop in these things to help prime the pump?

Cheers,
John

Mine are plumbed straight as well from the inboard tank, I think the loops are mainly for anything mounted below water line and sucking raw water known as antisiphon loops, also should be used on all thru hull drains

Mine are plumbed straight as well from the inboard tank, I think the loops are mainly for anything mounted below water line and sucking raw water known as antisiphon loops, also should be used on all thru hull drains

exactly anti syphon loops are an external/thru hull safety precaution...shouldnt be neccessary on the fresh water side, I beleive all those pumps are self priming for at least 5ft of head(vertical height)

exactly anti syphon loops are an external/thru hull safety precaution...shouldnt be neccessary on the fresh water side, I beleive all those pumps are self priming for at least 5ft of head(vertical height)

Thanks. I will leave them the way they are.

All done!!! Lets go fishing:).

Here is a shot of the tank with 10 gal's of water in it. No leaks!. I wish I made the tray about 1.5" narrower all around. I wasn't thinking about the footprint shrinking when it grows in height. Oh well a winter project. I don't think it will move much and if it does their is no way it can jump out of the tray.

The pumps all wired and plumbed.

I put two new plastic bulkhead hose bib valves in with a male quick disconnect on each. I put the female on the hose. This makes it easier to switch back and forth. The two new Blue Sea weatherdeck switches are up under the gunnel away from the elements.

I may make up a hose holder but for now this will do.

All gassed up and iced down ready to hit the water right after work!!! Yeeee Hawww :D.

for a hose holder see if you can find a piece of 4' irrigation pipe or something like that split it down the middle or maybe a little off center so it has a bit of a retaining edge and tack her in place, the coiled hose will squeeze into and lay in it perfectly like a trough so to speak, easy out and easy to put away again

Wow only took me about a month but i finally know where i met you before Sculpin. I used to work for Brian @ Dudeck truck n crane. 07 -09..Did alot of crane work for you guys back in the day !..lol (Small world)

Good to see you going to hit the water Sculpin.
You've done a great job on the boat and thanks for all the updates as work progressed.
Now enjoy it.

Back