Some recent projects

Looks great your boat hull inside looks spotless. people at harbour chan said to make sure to cut the antenna cable just long enough for what you need. I use to just coil up the excess and zap strap it but I have been told excess wire is not great for signal. Also was told to mount VHF antenna 3 feet or more away from the VHF.

Looks great your boat hull inside looks spotless. people at harbour chan said to make sure to cut the antenna cable just long enough for what you need. I use to just coil up the excess and zap strap it but I have been told excess wire is not great for signal. Also was told to mount VHF antenna 3 feet or more away from the VHF.

Thanks JAC. I rip her apart every year and clean out the insides pretty good.

Yup, I have a lot of coax cable kicking around lol. I miss measured once then bought some more only to forget that the damn antenna comes with it LOL!!!! I have no loops or coils in either of my cables.

Did you mean 3' from the unit itself? if so mine is about 7' away.

Cheers,
John

Well we are almost ready to go fishing (thank goodness lol). The foredeck light is sure bright.

I cleaned up the switch panel as well with some new labels. The wipers aren't the bilge pump anymore lol! The new deck light is right above the new wiper switches. I have everything labelled properly now.

I zapped strapped everything down nice and tidy.

Continued......

This early spring we installed new wipers. They replaced the crappy old AFI ones. The new ones kick azz and are pantograph to boot.

The new motors.

The new arms and blades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trendsetter pointed out to me on the Loggers Derby that my fire extinguisher was past due:eek:. Very embarrassed about that. New one installed.

I finally got around to putting in the CO2 sensor as well after a year of running the furnace without one (my bad again).

On to more new stuff. I have quite a few thousand dollars worth of reels and rod's that are used at any given time depending on the fishing situation. I thought it would be good to install a fresh water wash down system to hose off the rod's and reels on the way in. This will greatly extend the life of these products no doubt.

I found a Plastimo 13.2 gallon flexible water tank.

The unit itself is 28" x 28" square and I don't know how thick yet until I fill her up.

I went this route because my under deck space is quite limited and I have to go through a welded in Freeman hatch.

I will build a tray for it to sit in on top of the stringers under the deck.

I could not have placed a rigid tank of this size under there due to the hatch opening.

I just have to get some plumbing fittings and another wash down pump etc. and get at it. I hope to have it all installed and operational by tomorrow afternoon. The whole boat is ready to fish by Sunday morning hopefully. I will be going out front here in Nanaimo and giving her my best.

Cheers,
John

John- are you going to put any kind of lining under the tank or did I miss something? Looks kind of vulnerable to chaffing etc.

ding, ding, ding - winner!
WOW that plastimo tank is perfect! I have been looking for a similiar thing ( dif spot, same prob ) Where did you find a distributor please?
They make a bow tank that looks ideal for my boat.
BTW - Plastimo website says all tanks are 25cm tall when full

ding, ding, ding - winner!
WOW that plastimo tank is perfect! I have been looking for a similiar thing ( dif spot, same prob ) Where did you find a distributor please?
They make a bow tank that looks ideal for my boat.
BTW - Plastimo website says all tanks are 25cm tall when full

I ended up getting it locally at West Marine. My usually store didn't have one in stock. The distributor is out East apparently and takes a week for delivery.

Well Bart and I made it out this afternoon for about 4 hours. The boat ran flawlessly without a single hick up anywhere. My boat is happy and I'm a happy captain.

We fished a bit with the pack between the fingers and neck point. Let the first one go, released a couple of undersize and a pcod, and managed a nice eater for Bart. We had around 8 pop offs as well so quite a bit of action for a shake down run.

All in all a great day on the water :D.

Cheers,
John

what problems did you have with the ATI wiper motors? i have three and just replaced one.. what other brands and difference are there? the last ATI lasted 8 yrs??

what problems did you have with the ATI wiper motors? i have three and just replaced one.. what other brands and difference are there? the last ATI lasted 8 yrs??

The AFI (sorry not ATI. My bad in previous post) ones I had before ***** the bed. They were only about 5 years old. Both just quit.

Jeff at the HC said these motors were way better and should last. They are Lubase heavy duty models, two speed, adjustable sweep, etc.

I know that AFI makes some pretty heavy duty models as well but they are larger in size. My boat isn't that big so I was looking for the best performance in a smaller motor.

Well it's Friday and I had to work late so I didn't make it out fishing. Thought I would stay around and whipped this up. Anyone that has fished on my boat will tell you about things falling off the seats lol. No more battery case lids full of stuff sitting on the seats.

This will be a nice addition for sure. A place for some tackle and a couple of spaces to stuff jackets, camera bags, and what have you.

Knives and pliers have a nice vertical place to stay.

I used to keep all of this kind of stuff in a battery case lid on the seat and I don't know how many times it has fallen on the floor. No more me says:)!

More stuff to come.............

Cheers,
Sculpin

Back