Some poeple speak to hear themselves talk... but holmes

One more and your at 160 B-J...... ;)

Ohh man what good fun this turned out to be. Holmes I think took it a lil too serious but maybe that's just how I read it. I hope he and most people have had a good laugh reading all the responses. I know I have, that's what it's all about.

Good burn on me Pippen I was asking for it with a thread like this. Good to see people defending ol holmies weather it is blind defence of a friend or loaded with facts about what he does for the sport. Nobody was questioning holmes' dedication to the fish this is all about his love affair with my faveorite internet forum.

And holmes I knew you would never stop posting the way you do just like I know you won't take all this crap seriouslly. If I thought my comments would make you stop believe me I never would have posted it I wanted to poke fun not hurt feelings. I consider the pot stirred keep it up everyone we have a long winter ahead.

I spent time on other forums and there is a ton of guys trolling trying to get a rise out of posters. I have also tried to get involved in forums that are dead. I say post away. The more post the better.

And whats wrong with being in a union? I also am free to use my own mind and think for myself
Thank you very much
Lets not open that can of worms on this forum.I won that battle hands down.Myself and the mod have gotten the last say on that thread! LOL,the mighty Pippen and Holmes have shut thier big yaps finally.Hooooraaaayyyyyyyy.

First off Gibsons is the best but admit the wiser commercials are pure genius as for holmes well lets say hes just a plain o; "POST *****" some good some bad but he flies by the seat of his pants and says whats on his mind and im sure he would be like that in person so for that i give kudos to the guy !!!! you know where you sit beng upfront and honest is always good in my books as long as its the truth.... SO ***** away holmes LOL LOL.
And ill be coming up soon to collect on my last springs bet.....

Wolf

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets not open that can of worms on this forum.I won that battle hands down.Myself and the mod have gotten the last say on that thread! LOL,the mighty Pippen and Holmes have shut thier big yaps finally.Hooooraaaayyyyyyyy.

Hahahahahahaha.......you call that a "win".

Typical "I drank the kool aid" talk.

Well, since we are going to get off track anyway... I would just as soon read about which is the best whiskey, rather than Holmes being a post ***** or some union debate! So, here are how the different whiskeys are rated! It's going to be a long winter! :)

Crown Royal Black 45% alc./vol. (90 proof)
Rum-soaked Christmas cake. Creamy, with vanilla, hot pepper, ginger, dark fruit, orange bitters, Bourbon, charcoal, oak, and floral notes. Rich and Round. ★★★★

Crown Royal Cask No. 16 (40% alc./vol.)
Peaches, apricots, Concord grapes and Port wine with rye spices, hot white pepper, peach pits and bitter lemon. Fresh-cut lumber. Fruity & Spicy.★★★★☆

Crown Royal Fine De Luxe from 1963 (40% alc./vol.)
A complex synthesis of ginger, clove oil, hot white pepper, cedar lumber, and prunes, with fresh spring lilacs and pansies and wilted tobacco. Caramel, vanilla and cooling citric pith. Rich & Oaky. ★★★★★

Crown Royal Limited Edition (40% abv)
Controlled, elegant, creamy, and balanced with nutmeg, cloves and ginger, hot pepper and peppermint, green and ripe apples, floral bourbon-like vanilla and oak, cereal, and orange bitters. Spicy Rye. ★★★★☆

Crown Royal XR – Extra Rare (40% alc./vol.)
A rich, weighty, hugely complex and skillfully structured whisky displaying ripe red fruit, fresh-cut oak, hot spices, dry grain, and violets. Rich & Oaky. ★★★★☆

Gibson’s Finest aged 12 years (40% alc./vol.)
Crème brûlée, oak, cedar, spicy pepper, cloves, citric zest, black fruits, strawberries and cream. Masterfully balanced and seamlessly integrated. Rich & Oaky. ★★★★

Gibson’s Finest Rare Bourbon Cask (40% alc./vol.)
Creamy, soft, round and smooth. Fresh-cut wood, caramel, and vanilla. Hot peppery spices, a slight saltiness, and gentle citric zest. Mildly floral and fruity. Soft Corn. ★★★★

Gibson’s Finest Sterling (40% alc/vol)
Rich and creamy mouthfeel with a plethora of sweet fruits and berries, citric zest and pith, a nuttiness, black pepper, and hints of spirit. Soft Corn. ★★★★

Gibson’s Finest Rare 18 years old (40% alc./vol.)
Sweet, spicy oak and pine sawdust, rich in toffee, vanilla, and hot spicy pepper. Biscuits, with typical rye dustiness, spice, fruit, and just a drop of pickle juice. Rich & Oaky. ★★★★☆

Wiser’s Legacy: Canadian Whisky Review
Sweet, rich and very spicy with overt rye notes. Cinnamon and cloves, dark fruits, hot peppermint and citric zest. Spectacular. Very highly recommended. ★★★★★

Wiser’s Small Batch (43.4% alc./vol.)
Big whisky. Cinnamon, cloves, and other rye spices. Dark fruits, vanilla, butterscotch, cedar oil, some earthy tones, and a slight flintiness. Weighty. Spicy Rye. ★★★★☆

Wiser’s 18 years old, aka Wiser’s Very Old (40% alc./vol.)
Wood, wood, wood, but ever so complex with hot pepper, baking spices, butterscotch, vanilla, rye grain, tobacco, cigar box, sour-dough, and dried baking fruits ending in a citric zestiness. Rich & Oaky. ★★★★★

Wiser’s Red Letter, 150th Anniversary (45% alc./vol.)
Complex, ever-changing flavours of dry grain, tobacco, Christmas spices, wood smoke, new tires, sour German rye bread, black fruits, cedar and fresh-sawn oak, toffee, vanilla, hot pepper, and bitter grapefruit. Rich & Oaky. ★★★★★

****! I got a buzz just readin' that Charlie!

I'm a Wisers Deluxe 10/yr old practitioner. Buddy turned me on to it on a hunting trip back in the 70's.

When I worked as a bartender at the old Westwind they didn't serve Wisers; only Crown and CC (good parts-washer IMHO). I convinced my manager to try Wisers and started doing taste-tests (like the old Coke-Pepsi commercials) and soon enough, we weren't selling Crown or CC any more.

Hawks Suck!

Well, since we are going to get off track anyway... I would just as soon read about which is the best whiskey, rather than Holmes being a post ***** or some union debate! So, here are how the different whiskeys are rated! It's going to be a long winter! :)

Most valuable post award for this thread should go to Charlie (everything else in the thread could have been avoided)!

Last year when I was in calgary one of my cleints took me to that brazillian restaurant near chinook mall as hes a regular, we asked for gibsons!!!! the bartender says hold on I saw this old bottle down stairs let me go grab it sure enough it was that 18 yr old stuff covered with dust and asked us if we wanted it!!!! HELLYEAH Al says for the same price???? the bartener say for you Al of course needless to say we killed the bottle!!!! LOL and yes it WAS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, since we are going to get off track anyway... I would just as soon read about which is the best whiskey, rather than Holmes being a post ***** or some union debate! So, here are how the different whiskeys are rated! It's going to be a long winter!

Whiskey? Yuck!

RUM RULES!!!
7.gif
7.gif

30_yr_oldREVjan26.jpg

Appleton Estate 30 Year Old

The true sense of the word ‘craftsmanship’ lies at the heart of this limited edition 30 year old rum from world famous Appleton Estate in Jamaica. It is a very rare blend made up of several types of rum that were hand selected by our Master Blender, you guessed it, more than 30 years ago.
Each rum is individually aged for 8 years and then blended and placed again in oak barrels where they rested for another 22 years. The result of this unique dual ageing process is an exceptional spirit that is unmatched the world over for its taste, character and smoothness. Only 1,440 bottles of this very rare 30 Year Old Rum were handcrafted by our Master Blender and released in 2009.
If you ever get your hands on a bottle of Appleton Estate 30 Year Old, you’d better keep a very tight grip on it. You might even want to keep two hands tightly gripped on it. In fact, we recommend never letting it out of your sight. Ever.

Bring It ON!!! :D

Cheers (Literally!)
Nog

Nothing like it! From jet fuel to the finest as shown thanks nog!

Amen to that, Nog. Can't endorse the Whisky, but Rum????, well that's not drinkin', that 's just life

I gotta agree.....rye makes me a little bit whacky.

But....this stuff (or Appleton or Mounta Gay) is good stuff; the "Dark and Stormy" was originated using Goslings.

launch_blackseal01.jpg

I gotta agree.....rye makes me a little bit whacky.

But....this stuff (or Appleton or Mounta Gay) is good stuff; the "Dark and Stormy" was originated using Goslings.

launch_blackseal01.jpg

So that's were the Pink Islander thing comes from? eh ...... :) :)

Back