SOLD Espar D5 Diesel Heater Marine Kit

18Lifetimer

Espar D5 Diesel Heater Kit in like new condition. Comes with custom welded aluminum fuel tank and stainless thru hull fitting as well as everything else needed for installation. Here is more info on price and specs:

I’m asking $2000 obo for the entire kit.

Espar D5 Diesel Heater Kit in like new condition. Comes with custom welded aluminum fuel tank and stainless thru hull fitting as well as everything else needed for installation. Here is more info on price and specs:

I’m asking $2000 obo for the entire kit.
What size boat is this ideal for (I looked it up but couldn’t find out)?

What size boat is this ideal for (I looked it up but couldn’t find out)?
This heater would easily heat anything from 20ft into the mid-30s…maybe even more. I would look up the BTU rating for this heater on different settings and determine how many BTUs you need per cubic foot/metre etc. What I have read online is that you want to have this unit work moderately hard during operation for best performance.

This heater would easily heat anything from 20ft into the mid-30s…maybe even more. I would look up the BTU rating for this heater on different settings and determine how many BTUs you need per cubic foot/metre etc. What I have read online is that you want to have this unit work moderately hard during operation for best performance.
This looks like a good resource for what you’re after. Calculating the volume of an irregular space might be a bit challenging though: https://www.simplex.ca/en-ca/btu-calculator/

I have a 2kw diesel heater plumbed to the cuddy cabin and the wheelhouse on my Trophy 2052 hardtop, (full glass, rear canvas). 2kw is enough and doesn't leave me wanting more. You don't want to run these heaters on low too long as they build up carbon and get clogged.

Back