soft plastic artificial bait

bee15

i saw some soft plastic baitfish and ewondered if anyone has tried the in place of packaged bait yet. thnks

Used them way offshore out of Uclulet last year for part of one day. There was tons of bait and many, many cohoes, springs and dogfish around. All lures including, Baitrix worked that day. The one benefit I noticed was that it could be re-used for several fish and the dogfish left it alone while eating all the real anchovy rigs on the other side of the boat. This was a once in a lifetime day for numbers of fish. If the fish are scarce, I'd use real bait.

used them for a little bit in esperanza last year it worked fine the nice part is they fish longer but I still would use fresh bait if its on the boat.

used them for a little bit in esperanza last year it worked fine the nice part is they fish longer but I still would use fresh bait if its on the boat.

I keep a package aboard for those days when you run out,or forget, fresh.
Good to have a backup and it seems to last awhile if the package is kept sealed.
Still prefer the real thing.

I keep a package aboard for those days when you run out,or forget, fresh.
Good to have a backup and it seems to last awhile if the package is kept sealed.
Still prefer the real thing.

Back