Socks slipping into boots

CIVANO

I bought a new pair of West marine short rubber boots and if I walk any distance at all, the socks slide down to the heel and drive me crazy. Any suggestions on socks that stay up?

A commercial fisherman of my acquaintance uses thick rubber bands around the top of his sox-seems to work for him.

Have the same problem with my rubber work boots. At first I thought it was the boots, so tried new boots and that didn't work. Thought it was the socks, even doubled them up. I think it is I just have weird feet or I walk funny. The only thing I have found that works is hockey tape.

Costco Campion cotton socks... come in either white or black. The elasticity lasts quite a bit longer than your average socks. I steal my husbands socks all the time and they even stay up on me :) Unless of course you want to wear knee highs under your socks LOL!

I wouldn't recommend elastic bands of any kind, for obvious reasons, however tape near the top of the sock and fold the top over works.

How about these... ;)

suspender2.jpg

Just wear long pants so no one sees you wearing them - LOL!

Use two pairs of socks.......pants over the first then second pair of socks over your pants !!! This is for full size rubber boots ! Never had short ones !!!! Hope this helps ....

It's definitely the sock not the boot,just look for a high quantity sock with strong elastic uppers...standard woolies and cheapo sport socks will drive you nuts !

There is (was) a product out there that is like a roll on glue for your skin. You put it on , pull up the sock, and the sock sticks to the glue. When you take the sock off you remove the glue from your skin with a warm water on a flannel. Washing the sock removes the glue from the sock. Wish l could remember what it was called.

There is (was) a product out there that is like a roll on glue for your skin. You put it on , pull up the sock, and the sock sticks to the glue. When you take the sock off you remove the glue from your skin with a warm water on a flannel. Washing the sock removes the glue from the sock. Wish l could remember what it was called.

Well after pulling up my own socks, I found out the name. Remarkably it is called sock glue. Who would of guessed

I bought some Grundens Gage socks down south a few trips ago and they are great. I am a die in the wool guy but have been buying some hybrid socks lately. The newer Helly Hansen socks have been great so far (limited use to date). I haven't worn those cheap white cotton socks in bulk packs since I was a teenager lol. Your feet are important. You are on them everyday. Treat them right. My opinion on socks is the same with work boots :).

I have been using merino wool socks from "Darn Tough Sock" or lately "icebreaker" merino wool...... They are pricey but don't smell !! You can also get a thickness for all the different footwear you have !! Same goes for merino wool long johns; makes being out in the rain in rain gear more tolerable !

Back