Sockeye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets hope the catches increase! I think we can still be optimistic tho. The later runs, even if they are well below the forecast we should still get a crack at em.

You got me all excited! :roll eyes: I thought thread was going to say early opening.

After getting skunked again on Saturday passed Colwood thrifts who was having sockeye festival (hillside this sat 11-2) whole sox for 88cents 100g. I bought 4. They are so ******* tasty.

Still too early to say it's a bust for the recreational sector. It's only mid-July right now and the majority of the fish are Early Stuarts with some Early Summers (mostly Chilliwack likely) and Summers like the Harrison contributing the rest. Keep an eye on Area 12 and Area 20 test fisheries over the next 3 weeks for the Summers.

http://www.psc.org/info_testfishing_summaries.htm

The only real concern right now is the water temp and lack of it. The Albion test runs are above average for sockeye in the month of July. Time will tell, but there will likely be an opening mid August!

Just talked to a buddy from Hardy. The place is crawling with sockeye. Be patient.

They have been swimming past here.......

And i imagine going to some place where they can spawn right???.....NOT

Was told by those in the know that these are Stuart fish and they are late and lower numbers than expected.
Summer Sox will come later and probable for an opening mid August.

Fingers crossed.

Tips

Peak migration in JDF for the Adams run is usually the 5th to the 10 of August. We should have a good idea of the runs size by the end of July as the test boats will into them before we see them. 100% we will get an opening...count on it. If not we may see Justice Cohen part 2...lol

Back