Snow

Snowing in metchosin! west of victoria!! about 22 inches in the past week here! My good old camry still getting me around! after i shovel it out day after day lol

-Steve

Hello,i notice there is no intro forum site so if it's ok i'll say hi here? we had so much snow this past week in esquimalt for the first time in years i haven't been able to take my old dog for a walk to fleming beach. he loves watching the boats come in and since the snow has waited by the door every afternoon. makes me feel guilty. thats my snow post. have a good xmas and near year.

Fishing Anyone?

Fishing_Anyone_2.jpg

Fishing_Anyone_3.jpg

No? Then how about a little ride on the dirt bike down to the local flow?

Bike_in_Snow.jpg

Ain't nothing like a white Christmas

Hacienda_2.jpg

But MAN! I need</u> a Fishin' FIX!![xx(]

Stay Warm Folks! More on the way it seems...

Cheers,
Nog - Wondering if it will ever end...

quote:Originally posted by IronNoggin

Fishing Anyone?

Fishing_Anyone_2.jpg

Fishing_Anyone_3.jpg

No? Then how about a little ride on the dirt bike down to the local flow?

Bike_in_Snow.jpg

Ain't nothing like a white Christmas

Hacienda_2.jpg

But MAN! I need</u> a Fishin' FIX!![xx(]

Stay Warm Folks! More on the way it seems...

Cheers,
Nog - Wondering if it will ever end...
how come you don't have the boat covered. maybe you'll get one for xmas.;)

Up island here in Woss...it's ridiculous! Got a foot and a half yesterday...and just shoveled out the driveway of our 3 places in Woss...and have to do it again..I'm going to die..I may be young but I'm pretty sure a heart attack is coming up next...have at least 2 ft now and still snowing...and supposed to for next week...haven't seen it like this in my lifetime...global warming my butt!! lol

www.serengetifishingcharters.com

Pulled into Gold River last night in what I can only descibe as a Winter Wonderland[:0]
Over a foot of new overnight and still coming down.....Looks like Lake Louise...wonder if I took a wrong turn??
Black Creek was just getting to the point that we could get all the neighbours out of their driveways....but G/R has at least triple on the ground right now...
My truck is NOT for sale at present![8D]

boc

Wow, thats insane, it turned to rain in victoria for a few days now, but lastnight we got about 2 inches of freezing rain in metchosin! Try driving on that stuff, LOL not so good!!!

-Steve

Hmmm -37c in FT McMurray last night. Would anybody like to trade a few degrees of temperature for a few inches of snow?

Darn!!!:D

Well it's supposed to be raining and 4 degrees out, but it is snowing like crazy and blowing 50 kmh!! WTF!!!

Take only what you need.

Raining like an SOB right now on the North Island, plus blowing 80K. Looks like winter is finally going to move on, up here at least.

Cheers

SS

Fishing08018-1.jpg

stilll snowing as of 6 pm ish

...And at 8:00

its like Environment Canada reports on the Weather, not forcast it:

East Vancouver Island
7:29 PM PST Sunday 4 January 2009
Snowfall warning for
East Vancouver Island continued

Snowfall accumulations of 5 to 10 cm for west and East Vancouver Island the Sunshine Coast Fraser Valley west Greater Vancouver and higher elevations of Greater Victoria this evening

Take only what you need.

its because our forecast is based on the airport where there is no snow on the ground - doesn't account for the Westshore that is still for the most part snow covered - well, that snow is why we can't warm up (ground can't absorb heat) - we are stuck a few degrees colder than the saanich peninsula/downtown, and thus, we are getting this crazy snow where Victoria is raining. The forecast will not normalize until its all gone from the ground...may take a week IMH

Back