Smoked peppers

firelight

The first batch is in the bowl and the second is loaded in the smoker. These are hot red peppers from a farm nearby and I smoked/dried these in my smoker.

Put two of the first batch in the spice grinder, no seeds, and made some chili. They are medium hot with a nice smoky flavor. Two ground up peppers made one level tablespoon.

I might try jalapeño peppers next.

du3yze5u.jpg

Damn just got down to Baja-the land of cheap peppers-haven't even got the lil chief out yet and already I'm salvating!! Gotta do this!!!!

Dont forget about onions!

I had a vegetarian coming over and knew she wouldnt be eating the salmon so did up a bunch of peppers,onions and tofu. Way to much smoked things for one meal but I made burgers for 3 days striaght after just to put the onions on.

Peppers work great in tacos,quesdilllas,burritos

Dont forget about onions!

I had a vegetarian coming over and knew she wouldnt be eating the salmon so did up a bunch of peppers,onions and tofu. Way to much smoked things for one meal but I made burgers for 3 days striaght after just to put the onions on.

Peppers work great in tacos,quesdilllas,burritos

I did some onions a couple weeks ago and they are so sweet and smoky, awesome. Fresh salsa with the smoked onions and peppers is amazing.

Put a tsp. or so of that Smoked chili powder in your next batch of chili and you will have a chili contest winner for sure.;) eman

Does it give the peppers more flavor? Does it affect the heat at all?

They look awesome! Curious ... how long in the Bradley, at what temp and with what wood did you do them?

Back