Slot Limit Extended for Areas 19 & 20!!

Jackel, if you think the state of fishery is bad now then better hold on tight because if nothing substantial happens it will get a lot worse in the future.

And according to Charlie's charts you bet that those 4(2) Nicola springs go by the WCVI - question is when? I bet all of them 8 springs are already up in the Fraser now and half of them, which is 4, are getting candy smoked right now on a FN reserve near Hope. So make a wish about what you are protecting by releasing those 20 and 30# in the JDF right now but I bet it ain't those 4(2) Nicola springs.

all these over/under, wild/hatchery regulations do more harm than good, IMHO...not enough people out there know how to handle and release fish. how many times do you see some dumb butt net a fish in a beauty old nylon net, haul it aboard, argue with their partners about the species ID, then **** around measuring it...only to chuck the poor thing overboard with no revival time [}:)] makes me want to scream!
I've sent this same rant to DFO every year for the past several...only response I've gotten is 'please report violations so we can investigate' or some BS like that...well the dumb butt mentioned above has arguably done nothing wrong [}:)]

gotta stop having beer at lunch..

quote:Originally posted by chris73

Jackel, if you think the state of fishery is bad now then better hold on tight because if nothing substantial happens it will get a lot worse in the future.

And according to Charlie's charts you bet that those 4(2) Nicola springs go by the WCVI - question is when? I bet all of them 8 springs are already up in the Fraser now and half of them, which is 4, are getting candy smoked right now on a FN reserve near Hope. So make a wish about what you are protecting by releasing those 20 and 30# in the JDF right now but I bet it ain't those 4(2) Nicola springs.
Hmmm... think about that one, too? They have been "clipping" those 240,000 Nicola hatchery smolts, equate that to even a 1% return versus actual returns? And this is about, what??? [:0]

Back