Skagit Orca

Your in business.This one fills all the boxes. Looks clean as a whistle. Low hour power. It should have a fridge or ice box. Now to figure out if the if the price is reasonable.

Last edited:
Is there a fridge ? Any chance for a couple photos of inside V-berth ? Thx.
I know this boat, and the gentleman who owns it. He is an absolute gentleman in the truest sense of the definition. His boat appears to be in very good condition, and is completely outfitted with all the goodies. If you contact him through his ad on Craigslist, I'm sure that he will answer all of your questions. In his Craigslist listing, it does show one photo with some of the cuddy. I have no skin in this game at all aside from giving a good positive reference to both the boat and the owner. Good luck in finding the right boat for your needs.

The main thing you may want that the 22 Ft model doesn't have is the seperate enclosed head,the 24 has it.Always good to keep the ladies happy.Real nice boat though,good power and electronics,kicker etc..

Looking to buy a Skagit Orca. O/B and good condition.

So, DR. Bob——take this for what it’s worth. Just one man’s opinion —- not trying to spoil a party, but I felt I should make a comment or two about Orca’s for your consideration.

I owned a 24 Orca and my neighbor owned a 27. We both agreed that it was not a comfortable boat to run because with the aggresive bow and steep chine it’s basically a very squirrely (tender) ride——hard to relax when you’re trying to get to, or maintain, speed. Orca’s are happiest going into big water.....as in straight into big waves....in following seas, or flat water at speed....not so much .

An F300 on a 22 footer is an awlful lot of ponies in not a very big place. Yes, Orcas have alot of glass and fuel so they’re on the heavy side but that does not seem to overly effect the bow steer bias, and I’m not sure you’d be able to use all those ponies on that boat due to that bias

Full disclosure——I bought a pre-owned Seasport last September when I sold my Orca— this summer I had that boat in big wind and big water for almost a month and it was like someone switched the channel on my boating experience. Night and day handling difference between those two boats. Most of the time I never went near the tabs unless I picked up a cooler of salt ice and had to adjust attitude. In an Orca? You are on the tabs as soon as you get in the boat because you have to.....it that’s just the way they ride

Again, just an opinion....take it for what it’s worth.....

Yes, Orcas don’t often come up for sale with OB’s. Neither do Seasports

But here’s one that did.....

If it were me, and taking into consideration it’s almost Christmas, I‘d consider waiting for a different opportunity or sniffing around at this one in Florida

That 24 foot SEasport would be a serious big water boat. Yes, it has a two stroke but that can always be peeled off at a later date...no doubt the guy’s negotiable because two strokes in Florida for sale in September aren’t going to get much traction in that neighborhood

And last but not least: the forepeak in an Orca makes overnight camping impossible unless you’re < 150 cm. The forepeak in a SEasport ? 180 cm = no problem

Again, just something for you to consider in your search....

good luck

Hello Dr. Bob, thought I would put my oar in the water. I purchased a 1999 27 XLC Orca in the Summer of 2018 which had it's original 7.4 Volvo I/O
and fished it as is in 2019. October that year I started a full conversion and upgrade to most of the boat with a 350 Suzuki and 20 kicker and have fished it two years. I agree with Sharphooks that the boat is sensitive to weight distribution but once leveled with the tabs it only requires the occasional tap to adjust if necessary. The boat gets on plane quickly and with no issues. The original owner mentioned when I purchased it that he had test driven both the 24 and 27 and said there was a noticeable difference in stability hence his purchase of the 27. I have not been in a 24 Orca or any Sea Sport so will differ to Sharphooks experience. I am not a big water fan but when the sharp entry and deep V allow you to climb on top of a 3 foot slop and maintain a 28-30 mph cruise, it works for me. I imagine you have already done your homework so good luck in your hunt.

Looking to buy a Skagit Orca. O/B and good condition.
Hi Dr. B. I own a 2007 22ft Orca and Sharphooks has provided me with much useful information over the years. He's a knowledgeable gentleman and a lot of what he said in his post is true. Orcas can be tricky to handle especially in following seas. That being said they are extremely well built boats and small changes to the pod, the outboard position and the prop selection on these boats can make huge differences in how they handle. I have changed all three on my boat since purchasing it in 2017. I believe the shorter Orcas are more sensitive to these changes (as per High Time's post). Last fall I re-powered my boat with a 300 Suzuki mounted on an Atlas Hydraulic jack plate. A 300 is the right power for these boats and being able to adjust the height of the outboard greatly improves the handling. I fish exclusively on the West Coast of Van Isle and these boats will handle bad weather and get you home safely. However, I definitely recommend sea-trialing the boat as they all seem to ride a little differently. Good luck with your search.

Back