Silver Streak boats.

couldn't be happier with mine, I would have a tough time going back to a cookie cutter aluminums on the market after owning one. That being said some production boats are better than others, all depends on your use and prefrences

Look at the build quality compared to the 'cookie cutter' production boats. One of the few makers of the real 'hardcore' West coast rugged boats (you know what I mean, Ss, lifetimer, Daigle, ironwood - that type) . If you saw the silver streak at the boat show. You know what I mean. Self bailing. 1/4" Hull. And proper reverse chine Hull entry design... Once you buy a battle-tank like that, or at least look, and research a proper built alloy boat like that, you wonder why you would ever go with a shallow-entry Hull cookie cutter hewes or North river cheaper model (well, because they're cheap) like that in the first place. They're fine boats for around here, but coming from one, I know how they pound through the chop, and roll through that Damn Georgia straight chop we get. Brutal! Nothing like a proper Hull design

The difference is clear! Do your research. You get what you pay for!

Great to hear my buddy just bought the "Allwest" that was for sale on here. Will be breaking it in soon can't wait to see how it performs.

The production boats you mentioned are all fine crafts. But theres no comparison once you examine a silver streaks build! Fishin'zinn is bang on with his review. I love my fully welded floors and self bailin deck! The ride is smooth and quiet! Best thing to do if seriously looking and comparin is to go do slme serious poking around on some production boats then check out a silver streak or similer builder. And best yet. Sea trials!

When I was looking for a new boat I was pretty keen on getting a silver streak but When I said I needed it pretty soon the lady on the phone laughed at me and said it would be 8 months. Good for them to be so busy. I ended up getting a 22 weldcraft Ocean king from washington, one of the first on the island, a "cookie cutter" boat. No Canadian manufactures had anything like this boat but now I am noticing that most Canadian manufactures are making the same boat.
I love my boat. Highly efficient use of space and basic design. Its a sport boat but I have been using mine commercially for 6 years this august. Having said that the wiring job may have well been done by a grade 5 class. Pathetic. But while I was not compensated for being their salt water lab rat they have followed up on the necessary modifications.

I ended up getting a 22 weldcraft Ocean king from washington, one of the first on the island, a "cookie cutter" boat. No Canadian manufactures had anything like this boat but now I am noticing that most Canadian manufactures are making the same boat.
I love my boat. Highly efficient use of space and basic design. Its a sport boat but I have been using mine commercially for 6 years this august. Having said that the wiring job may have well been done by a grade 5 class. Pathetic. But while I was not compensated for being their salt water lab rat they have followed up on the necessary modifications.

Having seen it first hand some 50 miles offshore.....the efficient use of space in the open bow is set up perfectly to hold a **** pot of tuna. ;)

I had my SS for 10 years and fished all over the island in all types of water. It is a very well built, tough, sea worthy boat. I echo FZ's comments above. You may have to wait a little longer and pay a bit more, but it is a boat that will last for decades. My 2 bits.

I ended up getting a 22 weldcraft Ocean king from washington, one of the first on the island, a "cookie cutter" boat. No Canadian manufactures had anything like this boat but now I am noticing that most Canadian manufactures are making the same boat.
I love my boat. Highly efficient use of space and basic design. Its a sport boat but I have been using mine commercially for 6 years this august.

Those are still nice boats, I noticed the weldcrafts have a good hull design still, and the quality and fit-and-finish is right where it needs to be. Seen much worse from boutique builders. Definitely one of the best "higher-volume" manufacturers when it comes to sea-worthiness, practicality, and quality

Why does SS still have so many models that do not have the beam at 8'6". Man, there is nothing better than a 18 or 20' foot boat with the max beam. Soooo much space. I do not see why anyone would go for less and SS boats still make allot of their boats with a beam less than 8 feet.. Strange to me. I'm sure there are some reasons like cost and ride.

If money was no object I would be ordering a custom made SS in a heart beat. Had a buddy get a new 20ft SS built last year and he loves it. For now I will have to make do with my cookie cutter NR.

That being said our boats come in at the same dry weight and I have a 8'6" beam with a soft top and his has a 8' beam with a hard top. I cant see there being a huge difference in ride but I haven't been in his yet.

Back