Shift linkage on Yamaha kicker needs repair

ziggy

Wondering if anyone might know a mechanic in Victoria or Saanich Peninsula, who can do a quick fix on my kicker. I was ham fisted this morning putting her into gear and snapped a piece off on the opposite side of the shift lever. Sherwood Marine said it would take about an hour to replace but it would be three weeks before they could likely get to it. Would take it on myself but it looks a little tough to get to and I can just see it not working out well

Wondering if anyone might know a mechanic in Victoria or Saanich Peninsula, who can do a quick fix on my kicker. I was ham fisted this morning putting her into gear and snapped a piece off on the opposite side of the shift lever. Sherwood Marine said it would take about an hour to replace but it would be three weeks before they could likely get to it. Would take it on myself but it looks a little tough to get to and I can just see it not working out well
Try forche marine in sidney

Try forche marine in sidney
Thanks good suggestion, I always forget about them and they’re just down the road.

Is that aluminum cam? I had mine snap. I have a suggestion. If you can find Duncan Watts @Discus.

He is mobile and good guy. He hasn't been on here for a while.

Also Chris from Forche Marine is great if he has time.

Thanks for all the suggestions folks. Managed to get a new part and it was in in 20 minutes without even pulling the kicker ( boats moored). So no three week wait. Couple of places I phoned have yet to reply so that narrows the list for future repairs.

Back