SHEARWATER RUPERT EXPEDITION-- Any body done it?

Sharphooks

I hung around Shearwater last summer and was thinking how cool it would have been to go across Laredo Sound and up along the coast all the way to Prince Rupert (or take the inland BC Ferry Route via Klemtu)

Anybody ever done that?

Would make for some great fishing opportunities, no doubt

I then started thinking how if I timed that trip for early to mid August, I might be able to get up into the lower Skeena and maybe fish summer run steelhead in the bottom end.

I've spent 1/3 of my life fishing upstream of Terrace but never made it down to tidewater/Rupert

How far upstream from Rupert would I have to get to find fishable water--anybody know that neck of the woods?

I can imagine if you hit it right with timing and water conditions, it could make for some memorable fishing

Look forward to the comments, if any---thanks!

Have fished shearwater a fare bit salmon everywhere at times the coho are so thick you get sick of catching. Love that area!!

Check with Wooly on this forum....Rupert is his stomping grounds I believe and could probably offer some info..

I know some of the local guides... they have mentioned fabulous fishing north of McInnes Is. on Aristobal Bank - sorry but I never asked where exactly because it seemed the 'far side of the moon' to me

Back