Shawnigan lake bass fishing

scotty25

I am new to bass fishing and had a couple questions?
Is there specific times to go bass fishing on Shawnigan lake or can you catch them at any time of the day?
And is there better times of the year to fish spring, summer ,fall ????
Thanks

warmed the weather the better! and you can get them all day. Early in the morning and late at night you will get the most explosive action and can have alot of fun top water for bass!

-KK

Thanks for the info. I have done allot of you-tubing and have found guys fish structure logs, pilling, docks etc. is this the same for Shawnigan? I see most guys at Shawnigan fishing docks just curious if you can get them at the shore around some of the islands or if they all hide under docks in the shade? Do they go out into deep open water?

You have to try all of the structure around the lake to find what they are on that day and how deep they are in. I don't fish Shawnigan lake but this is true for all lakes. Im sure there are alot of lunkers that are nowhere near docks in that lake ;)

-KK

thanks for the help I think i am going to go try and catch the big one tomorrow :) I will let you know how it goes

Right now fish the deeper edges and shelfs during the day. The shallow stuff in the morning while ts still cool. You can get small ones all day all iver the lake bit the big ones are mostly deep right now to hide out from the heat.

Thanks for the tips I was just fishing off the dock in the morning got one 2-3 lb. can you fish rubber worm Texas rig in deep water ???? Just cast it out and let it sink ? And deep water being middle of the lake or still near shore just out a bit ??

Thanks for the tips I was just fishing off the dock in the morning got one 2-3 lb. can you fish rubber worm Texas rig in deep water ???? Just cast it out and let it sink ? And deep water being middle of the lake or still near shore just out a bit ??

Just start where you know it drops down to 18-20 ft and start at the shore and work out over the structure. Yes texas rigged will work deep just let it sink for a decent amount of time and let it sit on bottom for a few seconds before moving it so they come in to check it out!

Middle of the lake is more a winter thing unless there are large weedbeds or shoals or pinnacles or rockpiles out there!

-KK

New Fisher to Shawnigan Lake - Headed out Sat Aug 3rd.

Hey There Folks,

New to fishing this lake - going to give it a try this Saturday. Any tips on location to start? I'm running a small electric motor so I won't be able to cover a large area and will need to focus on one section preferably near a launch site. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Pete

Leave the launch and head right. Fish the whole edge and head to the swimming beach and continue along that entire edge down to the west arm. Lots of decent fish along that edge with lots of varying structure.

I may be on the water saturday aswell

I am wondering if there is a dock or some structure that I can fish from at Shawnigan Lake. I tried tonight from the shore, but I don't think I am casting deep enough. aNY IDEAS?

You can try the dock at the public boat launch.I've caught quite a few there over the years. It's not the primest area
but there are fish there.The launch is at the Masons Beach end of the lake near the townsite.

Back