shaved ice

Hey SC, I don't know where you can get shaved ice in Port Alberni but if you are passing by Courtenay/Comox, you can get some at Aquatech in Comox. They are located just off Guthrie and Anderton. SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

As you're coming down the hill into Port Alberni,You'll go past Coombs Country Candy on the right,go about 2 klicks down the road,on the left just after the storage units is a little fish market,they usally have it.If not continue down into town at the base of the hill turn left and drive by the pulp mill,past the marine shop, keep to the right as you go by Smittys resturant.You'll come to a 4 way stop ,right across is Swale rock cafe,turn right go down the hill,you'll see Port Boathouse on the left, over on the right is the bamfield lifeboat display and the Blue Door resturant,there you'll see what looks like a driveway go down that about a 150 feet down on the left is a fish market,go in and ask the girls they'll fill your cooler out of the ice tote,Hope that helps. Dan

Sometimes you can buy it at Port Fish, down near the commercial docks by the habour quey. The Fish shop on the way into Port Alberni is now closed and out of business. French Creek marina at the commercial dock by the fish market has it. You can also buy it at Screaming Fish & Fly in Nanaimo, and sometimes out at Hub City. Mason

I am planning on picking up ice in Tofino this year! Haven't done it in the past. Is there a place to fill with sea ice?

There is, but it is not always running. Best to call Jay's at www.tofinofishing.com

Other wise Uci also has ice at times, failing that get it on the way up as you are only 2 1/2 hrs from Nanaimo to Tofino on a good day. Mason

quote:Originally posted by mason.jar

There is, but it is not always running. Best to call Jay's at www.tofinofishing.com

Other wise Uci also has ice at times, failing that get it on the way up as you are only 2 1/2 hrs from Nanaimo to Tofino on a good day. Mason

That would be 190 nautical miles! And a little bit out of my way... by water! :)

Hey Charlie, try the Trilogy fish store next to Weigh West Marine, they usally sell ice out the back door for $5 bucket. Bring your own bucket.

Screaming Fish and Fly - down by the BC Ferry in Departure Bay Nanaimo - has shaved ice.

Fishing Guide

Invicutus Charters
BC Outdoors Pro Staff

I get my salt ice every week right beside the lady rose on argyle, at codfathers, theyll fill even the biggest cooler for 20 bucks. The place as you come into port is now closed. you can also buy the big bags for 12

Lance

Cheers,

Just picked up 'large' bags of shaved ice at Screaming Fish and Fly for only $5/bag. Bonus is that it is filtered tap water so we can use it with our beverages.

Fishing Guide
Invictus Charters
BC Outdoors Pro Staff

Back